Buccheit's Bottling Works Straight Sided Coke

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

octotat

Reaction score
I recently found a straight sided brown Coke (actually slightly bowling pin shaped), with the following inscription "Buchheit's Bottling Works, Decature Ala" on it. I found an identical bottle on the web that sold at an ebay auction for $799, but was wondering why such a high value. Any information would be appreciated.

Octo

capsoda

Reaction score
Are the words Coca cola in script or block letters? If in either it is a very rare and almost impossable bottle to get at the moment. If you are going to sell it I would suggest you clean it very well and sell it soon. List it as very rare and hard to get. I would love to see a picture.

octotat

Reaction score
It's in cursive script, along the bottom. It's in pretty good shape, a bit pitted but no chips in the anywhere. There is a Coca Cola bottle show in Chattanooga on July 22nd. I was going to try to sell it there, or at least get a decent appraisal. I'll try to get a picture of it tonight and post tomorrow.

octotat

Reaction score
Correction, it has cursive script along the shoulders on front and back of bottle. Still working on getting a digital photo.

octotat

Reaction score
It's from Chattanooga. Girlfriend is supposed to bring the digitial camera over tonight.

Why is this bottle so rare?

sweetrelease

Reaction score
not to just jump this post but speaking of rare s.s cokes does anyone know about an atlantic city n.j one. i still have not found anything on it and a guy contacted me through a friend and offord a "boat" load of money for it,but i'm not sure i want to get rid of it as i only have one.every bottle show i go to they tell me it does not excist but i have one.next time i'm bringing it with me[;)] i have a philly one and find all sorts of info on it but not the atlantic city one. thanks ,matt

capsoda

Reaction score
Hey Matt, There are no ss Cokes listed for New Jersey. Just in cause you missed it "NO SS COKES". You have an unlisted and possibly a never before seen Coke so the value is pretty much what ever you say it is with in reason. I sure would like to see a pic of it. Don't let it go if you like to collect rare bottles but keep in mind that tomorrow some jake may find a but load of them and bottom out the price.

sweetrelease

Reaction score
thanks cap,i looked and looked and now i know why i found nothing ha -ha.anyway i'm having a hard time resizing the pic ,but i'll work it out.the guy offered me "now hold on to you seat" $1500 dollors.i just sat there with this look on my face like what the hell did you just say[:D] and told him i'd think about it.man oh man [8|],matt

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles