bulk/cut copper for sale?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

daeldred

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I know that there has been a lot of talk about copper shot for tumbling, but I am looking for a SOURCE for cut copper. I would even settle for bulk 12 gauge wire if the price is right. I can't find a source in my area. All of the scrap yards in my area don't sell to the public they only buy and electrical supply stores are very expensive. They want $110 for 500' of 12 gauge solid copper wire. That is only 10 lbs! I need at least 20 lbs for my needs. I know the jardoctor sells cut copper, but I was hoping to get it less than $8.50/lb. + Shipping. I am currently using glass beads and they just take too long. They work fine, but I hate waiting so long.

annie44

Reaction score
When you say cut copper, how does it need to be cut up? I could get you 20 pounds of copper at that price from my neighbor who is a master plumber, but I don't know if you need it in small pieces when you purchase it.

annie44

Reaction score
I just looked on the Jar Doctor web site. That is very small. I don't know if he would have that gauge wire - he would probably mostly have pipe. He just happens to be here right now because my hot water heater sprung a huge leak and I am bored and on the computer while he installs a new one for me!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
ya, glass beads are definately slow.
Try to catch jar doctor (wayne) at a local bottle show and you can at least save shipping.

bottlediger

Reaction score
ill have copper available at bottle shows in the upcoming year for 6.50 a lbs once I get my own supply over 200 LBs again

Digger Ry

deacon_frost

Reaction score
im an electrician by trade and i would think you could get more than ten pounds from 500 feet of 12-2 with ground cause a roll is 1000 feet and weighs 86 pounds...thats counting the spool that dont amount to much....ive been thinking about doing cut copper for resale but i think shipping is the problem

cyberdigger

Reaction score
The USPS flat rate boxes would be the way to go.. same price up to 70 lbs, I believe..[8|]

daeldred

Reaction score
Ry,

Your always a big help on the tumbling/cleaning questions. Are you going to be at the Jackson, MS show by chance? Other than that it would have to be St. Louis. Only one thing though, the shows are all on Saturdays; we dig on Saturdays. LOL

daeldred

Reaction score
Deacon,

As far as the weight goes, I don't know how much it weighs from personal experience. It is just what I have researched. This website gives conversion lbs/length for different gauges of copper. Maybe it's way off the mark.

None-the-less I still don't have a source for copper. Any ideas guys?

bottlediger

Reaction score
Lobe, thats where I get a lot of my copper

David, I only go to 2 shows a year Baltimore and Shupps

Digger Ry

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cehobson