Bunker hill lighthouse type peppersauce

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Hi group what a week! My neighbor came over last night on her 4 wheeler and opened the saddle bags... Out came a cathedral pickle bottle, Warners cures and others! She told me how the 4 wheeler trail went right across this old glass dump and this is what she found with a stick!!! She told us where it was located and 20 minutes later we were there.. this was 7PM!! within a hour we found 10 warners bottles, a tippiecanoe bitters, yellow plantation bitters, and this way cool what I believe as a scarce light house style Bunker hill peppersauce!![8D] To be cont. Taz[:)]

Tr51188.jpg

Attachments

• Tr51188.jpg
    Tr51188.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 94

luvtodig

Reaction score
Very nice Taz[8D] All you guys in Maine seem to be doing well these days[:D] you all keep my hopes up on finding things here, once the weather turns, the poison ivy goes away for the winter, ticks are gone, on and on...lol..hope my neighbors are as helpful as yours..they too stop by on their 4-wheelers, and say hey..no bottle dumps yet, but one gave us some fresh corn[8D]..keep the pics coming, good luck with the dig Taz!

BARQS19

Reaction score
I'd say that's a pretty good find. It'll surprise you. You will go over something all your life and never see it until one day.
Robert

olddump

Reaction score
That was twenty miles from where exactly Taz?[:)] My god that is a gold mine show us some pics. some people dig a long time for half that. I thaink I'd cut my phone lines and stay there till I was frozen out. That is the best begining to any dig I've ever heard of. Good for you guys just keep us up to date please. Tom, Olddump

olddump

Reaction score
Oh yeah, I almost forgot that BUNKER HILL you have there I have for 5 to 7 hundred bucks at 11&1/4 inches tall pretty good. Tom, Olddump

janitor100

Reaction score
hey one of those lighthouse pickles just sold on ebay for 485 last week. another went about 2 months ago for 400. oldump, you live by me. i just got an old e roussel"s open pontil from a lady on ebay. not iron, open. what a gem..... capemaycountybottles bought the lighthouse last week. i cant wait to see it. it has like a blue streak running up through it. wow

woody

Reaction score
Sweet Bottle, Taz........
Those are the kind of dumps you dream about.
They come few and far between, but when you hit one it makes it all worthwhile.
Post some more pictures when you get a chance.

Gunsmoke47

Reaction score
Way to go Taz![:D] I am looking forward to the continuing saga! I would have been ecstatic with the Warners, but a Tippiecanoe, Plantation, and the Lighthouse.... Man O Man. Congratulations. Happy Diggin[:D] Kelley

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Well folks I went back to the glory hole today and dug like a tazmainien devil lol... Nothing great... hard to believe but true! After finding all those teasers the other night I expected this to be a great find... today it was blah.. some L.F Atwoods bitters,a shear top ink with no embossing, a Dr Kilmers ground lip U & O Anointment, a Var-ne-sis in aqua and a highly embossed Larkin co.milk glass cold cream with a good cover... All in all about 15 " good" bottles " came from this small dump, the best being the bunker hill sauce and the Warners bottles...I thoroughly probed the area and I believe it is spent... Well off to find another spot.... Happy Digg'n! Taz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sunshine123