BURR PINT MILK BOTTLE LOS ANGELES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

stefan

Reaction score
Hello: In Beverly Hills, CA I found a one pint clear milk bottle buried on the site of some new construction just off
Wilshire Blvd. The bottle has a round embossed emblem with the word BURR, a picture of a bear and the words Los Angeles.
Does any body have any info on this item? Age, location?
I will post a picture tonite.
Thanks
Stefan

pabloinla

Reaction score
I was crawling under my apartment building where I found a single pint bottle with the same description on it embossed in glass: Burr with a bear.
EBENEZER BURR founded and has built up a business which is now one of the chief distributing and producing milk concerns in [/b]Los Angeles[/b]. Mr. Burr has had a wide and varied experience in business affairs, was at one time a clerk in [/b]Los Angeles[/b] and secured his first practical knowledge of the dairy industry while living in [/b]Oregon[/b].[/b] He was born at [/b]Aberdeen[/b], [/b]Scotland[/b], [/b]March, 24, 1871[/b], a son of Ebenezer and Annie Burr. He attended grammar school to the age of fourteen, worked on stock farms for three years, and for five years clerked in a dry goods store at [/b]Aberdeen[/b]. With his parents, he came from [/b]Aberdeen[/b] to [/b]Los Angeles[/b], and in this city was employed a year as clerk for the J. M. Hale" Company dry goods house. Another three years was spent on a ranch near [/b]Los Angeles[/b], after which he went to [/b]Spokane[/b], [/b]Washington[/b], and entered the service of the Hazelwood Creamery Company. He was first a driver, then salesman, and finally had charge of the branch of the company at [/b]Portland[/b], [/b]Oregon[/b].[/b] Mr. Burr, having made a thorough study of the creamery and dairy business, returned to Los Angeles in 1901 and started the Burr Creamery Company, of which he has since been president. The first headquarters of this concern were at the corner of Seventh and Olive Streets, in the Pellissier Block. The business began with a modest capital and equipment and only five employees. In 1906 the city offices were moved to Eighth and Towne Streets, and today the company has a hundred people in its employ, and operates twenty-five automobile .delivery vehicles. They also have twenty acres near Los .Angeles, at [/b]Vernon[/b], equipped with a model dairy establishment. There are a hundred head of registered stock besides four hundred grade [/b]Holstein[/b] cows. A thousand gallons of pure milk are produced every day at the company’s plant. The company also distributes large quantities of milk bought from other producers.[/b]
I don't see anyplace that is buying or selling these bottles.
[/b]

Burr

Reaction score
Picture of Burr Creamery milk bottle

If anyone has a photograph of the Burr Creamery Milk bottle with the embossed bear i would very much like to see it!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TDF.1973