Cabin-shaped Bottle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

bearswede

Reaction score
Hey Folks...

Picked up this nice cabin bottle at a tag sale this summer... Anybody have any info on it?

It's 3 and 7/8 in high, 2 and 3/4 in wide and 2 and 1/2 in deep; a smokey amber with nice "old" looking glass... It looks as tho it was blown in 2 parts ( the cabin has one seam and the chimney has a seperate one)... Embossed on the base: BM 1972, on one side: Saluting Pioneer America, on another: Pioneer Women (with a depiction of a woman at a spinning wheel)...

Wu60978.jpg

[://upfilimage]locales/2587/Wu60978.jpg[/IMG]

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi folks...

Here's another photo... I expect it probably contained maple syrup, but it must have had a cork or some similar stopper... It's a nice little bottle for post-ABM...

Ron

Wt58879.jpg

Attachments

• Wt58879.jpg
    Wt58879.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 100

Bluebelle

Reaction score
It cetainly is a little gem! Idon't have anything factual to post, but since no one else has responded, and your post has been up a while---I guess it would be ok for me to think out loud about it. I wonder if it was made to commemorate some local event? Did the locality where you got it have, by any chance, any Pioneer celebrations or anything in 1972? Centennials or that sort of thing? Even in the same state, if not the same town. Your local librarian might be able to check that out for you. Or, are there any maple syrup producers in your area? Have you tried showing it to any of the antique dealers in the area? Please come back if you learn anything more about it.

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks for your thoughts bluebelle...

I suspect its not local... I would guess midwest... It has the look of prairie state about it...

I thought for sure I would pick something up on a search engine, but so far, not a nibble...

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi all...

I'm dragging this old post out again in the hopes that one or more of our myriad new members may offer a clue to this mysterious little beauty... Not an oldie, but, I think, a goodie...

Ron

bottles141

Reaction score
looks like what you have is a reproduction of a cabin inkwell. probably worth between 5 and 10 dollars. hope i was of some help thanks for showing it to us.

bearswede

Reaction score
It's rather large for an inkwell, I think... And, I can't imagine what bottle it would be a reproduction of with the "pioneer" embossing...

Thanks for your thoughts, and I hope others will keep them coming!!!

Ron

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
I am guessing Log Cabin Maple Syrup. I know they have made many small containers to promote sales off and on over the years. They often have stopper tops.That's my guess, interesting anyway.

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Possibly a Commemorative bottle....Did some Googling and found a possible reference to North Dakota...Bonanzaville and Fargo...

Seam on the chimney does not line up with the cabin seams?
Sounds like an Italian made item...They made all kinds of "repos", adaptations, commemoratives using an early Owens machine.

In this machine the main body of the item is blown first, then the mouth is added in another step. To do this 2nd step , the machine rotates the bottle 90 degrees....thus the offset seams.

Neat cabin bottle.

bearswede

Reaction score
Thanks, Charlie, for the info on the production process... Sounds like that was going on with this bottle...

Anymore about those leads from google?

Ron

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter