Welcome to our Antique Bottles Community

Your FREE Account is waiting to the Best Antique Bottle Community on the Web.

Register Log in

Can anyone give me any information on this Bottle?

WalkerMo

Jan 25, 2021
Good day! First post here. This bottle is 11 1/2” tall and says Coutts and Son on the bottom. It looks to me like a 3 piece mold. I was hoping someone could give thoughts on age and where it may have originated. Thanks so much!

Attachments

CanadianBottles

May 24, 2014
Welcome to the forum! It looks British to me, and there are a bunch of old ads online for F Coutts & Son's acetic acid which was from London. Doesn't look like what I'd expect an acid bottle to look like but seems likely it's at least the same company. There are also a lot of ads for them in Australian newspapers, are you in Australia?

WalkerMo

Jan 25, 2021
Thanks for that input! I from the Midwest. Missouri. I got it from an auction in Iowa in a group of old bottles. Would this bottle be from the late 1800s?

Nickneff

Jan 6, 2021
Good day! First post here. This bottle is 11 1/2” tall and says Coutts and Son on the bottom. It looks to me like a 3 piece mold. I was hoping someone could give thoughts on age and where it may have originated. Thanks so much! It could be as early as 1870 looks to me like it's a beer bottle I have one that looks similar to it but mine is cobalt blue

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nickcox74