Can anyone help with this broken perfume bottle?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

botil

Reaction score
Thanks, but I've never done a bottle rebuilding and I think is not the appropiate bottle to begin. Do you know any good page where this activity is properly explained.
I'll try whith less valuable bottles.

bearswede

Reaction score
Hi Juan...

Check out the forum pages entitled: "Cleaning and repairing" & "Displaying and photographing".

I use a casting resin with special dyes... With your bottle, I see two problems:

1) Dark colors are difficult to get right and 2) The missing piece is pretty large; you will have to figure out how to create a mold... For most of my repairs, I've been able to use scotch tape...

Ron

Miles

Reaction score
I looked briefly for you, but couldn't find instructions on how to do epoxy repairs. I'd say it's more an art that can be perfected with practice and time.
The problem with epoxy repairs is also that some class discolors over time, I know that's true with clear epoxy repairs, I'm not sure with black glass however.
Or if you're lucky, maybe one of the members on here would do an epoxy repair on that bottle for you, for a price. After all, there are people that clean bottles and sell probes on here.

portland med. man

Reaction score
it appears the bottle is the same but the one in the auction appears doctored top was cut and probably polished and a brass top put there to hide i would your`s would fetch great money in that condition repairs can be made but your example shows the true size and shape of the bulb neck and lip hey you could cut and polish yours and sell it for a 1000 like the one in the auction....

botil

Reaction score
Hi, it would be funny but I have the intention of enjoy this bottle for a long time in my collection.

botil

Reaction score
Hi Ron, I'll check out these pages. Thanks.

botil

Reaction score
I'm not in a hurry. This bottle will be waiting for the doctor in my display cabinet until
I can be expert enough in epoxy repairs or a local "artist" helps me. Thanks.

botil

Reaction score
Your trace seems good. Surfing the net I found that a Mottet was established in 1782 at 20 boulevard in the village of Grasse(France). This company was sold to Eugene Fuchs (1863-1940) who change company's name in 1926 and took the name of Parfumerie Fragonard as a tribute to the famous painter Jean-Honoré Fragonard.
Nowadays Fragonard is widely known for its perfume products. Fragonard runs a museum and I emailed them asking for information. In Grasse there is a perfume museum too. Will continue...

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
im 98% sure that can be fixed with glass by a person who is in that hobby/trade
,but a serious piece of glass ya got!,also the right color!....i think it would sell even if broken on the lip!...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4