Can in a Can.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

hemihampton

Reaction score
Found this one a few years ago. A Faygo in a can. Condition not to bad. LEON.
faygocancan1.JPG
faygocancan2.JPG
faygocancan3.JPG
faygocancan4.JPG

RCO

Reaction score
think i've found something similar to that before too when digging up rusted cans

Johnny M

Reaction score
Found this one a few years ago. A Faygo in a can. Condition not to bad. LEON.
View attachment 244395View attachment 244396View attachment 244397View attachment 244398
I remember digging 35 years ago in a New Hampshire dump where there was a newer dump over an older one that turned pontil after you dug through cans, etc from the 50's. Layer was 3 feet thick and spongy and unsettled until you tapped the older dump. Tough to even walk it because you sunk to your knees in rusted crap.Well, my buddy hit a big can like a tar bucket or something tangled in some frigging chicken wire and he finally smashed a hole in it to get a grip and pulled it up. Well, that can held a surprise inside alright. A huge hornet type bee flew out and stung him just over his eye. In 2 minutes it looked like someone smashed an eggplant on his face. So, do you think we left? Hell no! In another foot it two we would be in the pontils! Bottles somehow always find a way to trump common sense! :)

hemihampton

Reaction score
It possible the cans were worth more then the pontils. another bottle digger in here found that out.

Johnny M

Reaction score
It possible the cans were worth more then the pontils. another bottle digger in here found that out.
Agreed but we were/ are veteran diggers. Any cans that were in any kind of decent shape were scrutinized for something about them that would make them desirable. Almost all were bad rotted foods like peas,soups and spam. Sardines too. It was behind an old farm. I don't recall any good cans.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
I remember digging 35 years ago in a New Hampshire dump where there was a newer dump over an older one that turned pontil after you dug through cans, etc from the 50's. Layer was 3 feet thick and spongy and unsettled until you tapped the older dump. Tough to even walk it because you sunk to your knees in rusted crap.Well, my buddy hit a big can like a tar bucket or something tangled in some frigging chicken wire and he finally smashed a hole in it to get a grip and pulled it up. Well, that can held a surprise inside alright. A huge hornet type bee flew out and stung him just over his eye. In 2 minutes it looked like someone smashed an eggplant on his face. So, do you think we left? Hell no! In another foot it two we would be in the pontils! Bottles somehow always find a way to trump common sense! :)
Was once digging and broke through a large rusty tin can and saw about a dozen tiny mice staring up at me from inside. Each mouse was a different color. They were black, grey, white, golden, brown, etc. and their fur was very shiny. Then they all began to scurry out and I tried to grab a handful of them but they were too quick. :D

hemihampton

Reaction score
Agreed but we were/ are veteran diggers. Any cans that were in any kind of decent shape were scrutinized for something about them that would make them desirable. Almost all were bad rotted foods like peas,soups and spam. Sardines too. It was behind an old farm. I don't recall any good cans.

I was mostly referring to any Beer Cans. was there any Beer Cans in there?

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaygause