Can they alter color in insulators too?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Slow and steady wins the race. You identified the history on the marbled one.
I wouldn't sell it. The date, again, May 2, means too much. Can't go anywhere really. No license. Mom works full time. Volunteering and Church on the week-end. I also think that's the date mom wanted to look into a local display being brought in on Raggedy Anne dolls--they originate in my town.
Thanks for all the info, everyone!

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Mostly people started screwing with insulators before the bottle jerks started doing it. JMO

botlguy

Reaction score
Robert, you got correct information from BillinMo. I understand your reluctance to accept freebies but for most of us seasoned insulator collectors these low end, beginner insulators we cannot bear to throw away are clogging up the available storage space so PLEASE do someone a favor and take a few off our hands. It's worth the mailing cost to get more space on the shelves. BTW, the seller of that Purple BROOKFIELD is well known to me as a Good Guy. No problems with him. The McLaughlin Commemorative is right as rain and some variations, such as the real RED ones, bring mid-5 figures. Jim

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Well, if you say it's doing you good to accept them, I'll take them then send back the mailing costs--put it to a good insulator. Shoot me (not literally! Not bear-hunting season.) a pm.
The purple one seems interesting, and I was in shock seeing some prices on a Hemingray site.

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Usually the stone is shared by husband and wife, we both have donor checked off but the ashes are sometimes buried, sometimes spread. Sounds rediculous but a lot of people get comfort from going to a loved ones stone and talking or venting, reflecting, etc. Personally I like the ones shaped as a bench for that very reason. I'm known for wandering off and have always wanted to see what was around the next bend so I thought that would be a good epitaph, also aludes to taking a spirit journey somewhere.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
Does seem a good epitaph. My mom believes solely in cremation, but has high hopes Jesus will come back before she dies.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26