Can you guys give me some info

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

zaxfire69

Reaction score
Hello everyone I am a newbie and I would like to ask you guys some questions about some bottles I have. I found these bottles and am wondering the history behind them. Collectible? They sure are pretty...

The first is a Torpedo Bottle
The second is an ink that says Carter's 1897 on the bottom
The third is a Green bottle that has the Logo JSP on it.
I have searched the internet, but haven't found much on them. If you guys could tell me some stuff about them I would gladly appreciate it. Thanks

On the JSP there is some rainbow colored haze on the outside of the bottle. Should I leave that on there or try to clean it off. How would I get it off? The bottle is a pretty green color.

834D817010F64752ABDA71CA94FA57F9.jpg

Attachments

• 834D817010F64752ABDA71CA94FA57F9.jpg
    834D817010F64752ABDA71CA94FA57F9.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 62

zaxfire69

Reaction score
https://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w226/zaxfire69/Zi6_1267.jpg

CanYaDigIt

Reaction score
Welcome zaxfire69. Pretty neat finds. They are all pretty common bottles, but the green JSP is definitely the best of the bunch. The torpedo is also known as a ballast bottle. This is because after ships would deliver their goods, they would often times load their ships with these bottles to keep their ships set lower in the water. I suppose they must have been easy to sell upon their return. The Carter's ink is just that, an ink. I'm pretty sure the date refers to the year the patent for the wide mouth was given, but I could be wrong about that. They come in a rainbow of colors and range in value from about $5 to about $500+, aqua being on the lower end of the scale. I have seen the JSP bottles several times before and know that they are more desirable then the others, but I really know nothing about the history of them. Someone here should know though. Where did you find them?

zaxfire69

Reaction score
They were found in Natchez, Mississippi... When my wife gets home I will take pictures of the JSP bottles. I cleaned her up. It looks real nice..

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75