Can you help me with these bottles??

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Hayes

Reaction score
Im new at bottle collecting and new to this MB. I have this medicine bottle that says NUTT'S (in nutty lettering) and trademark-registered. Ive seached google and checked my books with no luck. anybody know? thanks

Ca81575.jpg

Attachments

• Ca81575.jpg
    Ca81575.jpg
    50.7 KB · Views: 46

tncgal

Reaction score
I'm very new at this also, but I did find an online Kovel's reference for ~

(Medicine) Dr. N.M. Nutt's Cough Mixture, Aqua, Beveled Corner Panels, Op, 6 In.

I realize yours isn't aqua, but maybe it's the same maker.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
The pontilled Nutt's is from about the 1850s.
The one in your photo looks like maybe 1890s. It could certainly be the same family. keep researching it.

WhiteLighting

Reaction score
Dont always go by what the Kovels have listed there -Hayes- they are a good reference but there prices are abit extreme in some listings,and also abit short on the dollar amount somtimes also......

A book or shall I say books/A volume set of books is "Digger O'Dells" ref books on bottles "12 books or more/less",but great when it comes to pricing and rarity,lots of pics aswell!,unlike kovels its easier to help ID a bottle usin one of O'dells books....

Or ebay is another good reference,or just ask a member here on the boards....lol,

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
You also have to guess with Kovels at times. They can have the exact same listing with a $100 ± price. It may indicate condition, area sold, slight color variations etc.. There's no way to tell in under 10 words. That's true with most books because of limitations putting them together but Kovels is the worst in my opinion.

Hayes

Reaction score
I still for the life of me can not find ANY info on not only this bottle but about Nutt's period. its driving me CrAzY. Do any of you fine people have anything that you can tell me about Nutt's (before I go... yes, Im gonna say it NUTT'S) ??

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I couldn't either, at least nothing definate. To me it looks more like an extract, maybe almond? There were hundreds of them around the turn of the last century. I think almost every city and even some smaller town general stores would bottle their own.
Could be a med though.

JustGlass

Reaction score
Here is a pic of a open pontil Nutt's I sold on ebay a year or two ago. I think I sold it for around $235.00 but I have seen another just like mine go for over $400.00. I kinda wish I had kept it now as it was a awesome bottle. The one you have could be a latter version but I think the latter version said cough syrup.

Db85128.jpg

Attachments

• Db85128.jpg
    Db85128.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 47

Hayes

Reaction score
Thank you for the info guys. Just glass, that is a very cool looking bottle you sold. I wonder if mine is a newer version of that, the only thing other then what you can see in the pic of mine is that the seams stop before the first ring on the neck and that it has a ring on the bottom. (owens ring, i guess) I'm only keeping it for myself anyway, it's neat looking with the weird lettering.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cindy Collie