Candy/whiskey containers ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

fsperry

Reaction score
Hey everyone !!!!

I've had these bottles for YEARS and can find little info on them, so I thought I'd ask the people who would know. The smaller revolver is approx. 5 1/2 " long and is embossed on the barrel "WEST SPEC. CO. GRAPEVILLE, PA"

The larger pistol ( 8" ) has no writing at all. Any information will be appreciated. Thanks

flasherr

Reaction score
A picture would definitely help everyone figure out your pistols. The 8" one what type of opening does it have? If it has a small hole like calling it maybe an Avon bottle. I know Avon made a pistol for one of their many colognes. I have seen candy container guns but are generally small. With all the knowledge on this board i bet someone will solve your mystery
Brian

old digger

Reaction score
We have several different candy container guns, they came in all sizes and several shapes. A pic. would make it possible for someone here to help you more.

fsperry

Reaction score
Sorry guys,,,,,,,,,,,I thought the picture went through, but obviously not,,,,,,,,,I'll try to send it along.

fsperry

Reaction score
Here are the pistol bottles

Ol31712.jpg

old digger

Reaction score
Finially able to get back on line! Your bottles are candy containers, the West Specialty Co. is blown,Circa 1925. Should be marked"SERIAL NO#/NET WT 1 1/2OZ" on right side of barrel. WEST SPEC.CO. /GRAPEVILLE,PA." on left side. Old book price is 25.00 -35.00. The other gun is found in a smaller size also. No maker nor date listed in our book, list is 25.00-30.00. Very good pics., very good bottles, Hope this helps!

old digger

Reaction score
Sorry I forgot to ask, look at the cap on the larger gun, see if it has any mark on the in side.

fsperry

Reaction score
Hey Digger !!!

You are absolutely right,,,,,,,,,,,there is embossed on the right side of the smaller pistol " SERIAL NUMBER 28625, NET WT. 1/2 OZ." I never noticed that before. The larger gun has no markings on the inside of the cap or anywhere else, but I agree with you about them being candy containers. I like medicines and bitters, so I never took the time to research these two very much. Thank you so much for the help,,,,,,,I really appreciate it.

Fred S. Perry

old digger

Reaction score
Glad it helped some,we like the old candy containers,collect little of everthing,real packrats here!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter