Orange Juice Containers

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lobsterpot

Reaction score
I am looking for information on (3) clear glass "orange" shaped containers that I have had for years.
I was told that they were orange juice containers that were given to roadside customers to sample the farmers orange juice ?
They are clear glass approx. 2.5 " wide X 2 " high and approx. 9 " in circumference. They have a hole in the top, supposedly for a straw and have a " dimpled" texture on the exterior surface. They also have a "molding line" where the two halves of the containers are joined.
Any help would be appreciated.

BottleEnthusiast

Reaction score
I am looking for information on (3) clear glass "orange" shaped containers that I have had for years.
I was told that they were orange juice containers that were given to roadside customers to sample the farmers orange juice ?
They are clear glass approx. 2.5 " wide X 2 " high and approx. 9 " in circumference. They have a hole in the top, supposedly for a straw and have a " dimpled" texture on the exterior surface. They also have a "molding line" where the two halves of the containers are joined.
Any help would be appreciated.
Post pictures?

Lobsterpot

Reaction score
Hope this helps.

Attachments

• IMG_0443 (1).jpg
    IMG_0443 (1).jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 142

embe

Reaction score
First thoughts were fire grenade, fish net floats, or toilet bowl float. Orange juice sample containers didn't even cross my mind but anything is possible? Good luck in your search, I like curiosities like this...

Lobsterpot

Reaction score
Thanks for the input.
Picture a tangerine made out of vey thin glass, that's what they look like.
Thanks again

ROBBYBOBBY64

Reaction score
Hope this helps.
I believe they were used for something. Orage juice is a possibility because of the shape. My first thought was a Christmas tree ornament without the hook and metal cap to cover the top?
ROBBYBOBBY64.

Lobsterpot

Reaction score
Thanks for your ideas.
They are smooth on top (no stem for a metal cap). They are textured with "dimples" like a real orange. Someone wanted you to know that you had a glass orange, maybe a souvenir or marketing item ?? They went to some trouble to have these containers manufactured. They are definitely not free blown items.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris