Capsoda I need your help, and everyone check out my adventure...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ncbred77

Reaction score

Went creek walking through town today. Really just scouting for places to dig and I think I found a few spots. Found dozens of busted SS Cokes and early embossed Pepsi Colas. Busted local milks out the ying yang, marbles, door knobs, and busted insulators. All surface finds. Found a couple of slickies that were whole, one whole milk not embossed and a whole Pluto water. Crock shards and half a crock jug, bear tracks and the hugest buck track I've ever seen in my life.

Oh did I mention my family almost had to send a search party for me. The creek, really a stream seems to have a few really soft sandy spots. Yeah, I sunk all the way to my crotch and had nothing to pull myself out with. Luckily the water there was only a few inches deep. I tried digging my way out with my hands, lol, didn't work. I stayed there for a while wiggling trying to inch my way out until two teenage boys decided they wanted to smoke a joint under the railroad tracks. Thank god for Cheech and Chong. Who ever said marijuana was bad is wrong. It saved my life. I'm sure they had their laughs after I walked away.

Anyway, here is the cryer. A Coca Cola Bottling Works slugplate from Tarboro, NC. Bowling Pin style. _____ Rock Ginger Ale was embossed in script over the slugplate. I put the line there before Rock because that part was broken off and I can't find any info about it. Help me out Capsoda.

Could it be Indian Rock Ginger Ale? In my Ayers I saw 3 Pepsi Colas, bowling pin style, with Pepsi Cola slugplate and Indian Rock Ginger Ale in script above the slugplate. Two rivals wouldn't bottle the same beverage would they? Those Pepsi's book from $1000 to $3000.

pic34074uo7.jpg

Flaschenjager

Reaction score
Hi Dustin -
Your first shard pictured, if in great condition, only sells for $275 - $375 for as rare as they are. I watch them when they come up at auction, 'cause they would look nice with my bowling pin Pepsis. It's an Indian Rock Ginger Ale and should have A.G.W. (= American Glass Works from Richmond, Virginia) on the base.

The other is a very common bottle in these parts, and usually found on every other dig here. Hope this helps.

capsoda

Reaction score
Meech is right Dustin. pepsi and Coke did in fact bottle the same ginger ale. The Indian Rock is still a great find if you can find a whole one. The first one ever sold on Ebay went for 1500 bucks or so as I remember but the price quickly bottomed out because of talk about them being fakes. They are real.

I know a local guy who collects Coke stuff big time who has many very rare Coke items including one of those. It is a big sore spot with him. He put it on Ebay and it only reached about $175 and he freaked cause he was sure he had one of very few and that it had to be worth gazillions. He told the winner to stuff it because the bottle was worth gazillions and he was keeping it. He is kind of a premadonna.

Next time you get stuck, lose the shoes and the pants because your legs will slip right out of them and you will be free. From experance. Or carry a pack shovel.[:D]

ncbred77

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys! I didn't even look to see what was on the base. Can't wait to get back to this place to dig some. I know for a fact a couple of super rare Tarboro amber Pepsi Colas were found in this same creek. It runs right beside the old Pepsi Cola plant. I'm not sure were the Coca Cola plant was located but it more than likely was along the creek also with all the busted SS I've been finding on the surface.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen