Hello Everyone- Collector on Two Missions seeking your help

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

TexasRancher

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,

I’ll introduce myself and then described the two missions I need your help with.

I’m Mark Larson, born in Watertown N.Y. in 1963, I’m 60. I lived in Mannsville N.Y. for the first 15 years of my life. When I was 8 to 12 years old I was digging old blue bottles out of numerous untouched road-side garbage pits from the 1870’s to 1930’s where even the dirt roads were abandoned. It was my hobby and I learned by myself doing all the digging alone. That bottle hunting hobby along with metal detecting. Gosh, how I’d have a trail of curious bothersome kids following me while I was metal detecting…they were interested in my inexpensive Metal Detector I got for Christmas that came without discrimination…was rough for a shy 8 year old country-boy having bigger town kids following me around without discrimination (detector), you know digging all the trash.

I’m here on two missions: First I require your Bottle Networking Help and secondly collecting up a cache of bottles I hid when I left Burlington Vermont in 1989.

….Now hang onto your seat, we’re going in hard and fast

Mission #1, Embossed Sand Bank, N.Y. Bottles ARE coveted

Here are the two bottles I’m seeking to find and purchase: (sample photos below)

W. M. & B. Co. Sand Bank , N.Y. Hutchinson Blob Top Soda Bottle

Megan & March Sand Bank, N.Y. Hutchinson Blob Top Soda Bottle

Normally these bottles…have recently sold for $42 to $90….nominally around $50. to $60. The issue is it's difficult and time-consuming to locate or track down these recent purchases to find the individuals that bought them at those head-banging spectacular prices.

I am paying $300. to $500. each plus $30. protected shipping…that's $330. min to $530. max for any of these Sandbank Bottles you can find in your collections or obtain from others. Once I have enough…say 3 or 4 of each…then I will have completed my mission and sandbank collection.

Yes, everyone wants to know why I want these two Sand Bank bottles so bad, including you….all I can say is they have sentimental value…and it’s a long story for another day.

Mission #2, Volunteer Recovery Mission

Are there any volunteers on this board…young or eager folks that live near or can drive to Burlington, Vermont that would like to spend half a day to retrieve my old bottle collection I hid in 1989 in a shallow rock grave near a very small walk-over stream? Stream was about 2 to 3 feet wide...slow moving water. You may keep my entire collection of about 22 bottles that you may find…I’m just interested in the Sand Bank N.Y. bottle you might find there. I will purchase MY old original Sand Bank bottle back from you…and/or whatever is left of the collection that’s not broken or wasn't taken down the stream, in a rushing water flood, lost forever. I have accurate map and GPS location details for anyone that’s serious about going on an Recovery Expedition after winter, after the big thaw. Just leave your contact details or contact me.

Attachments

• s-l500.jpg
    s-l500.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 72
  • s-l500 (1).jpg
    s-l500 (1).jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 74

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Say someone agrees to go to your GPS location deep in the heart of who knows where, what assurances do we have that an ambush isn't laying in wait to rob or kidnap us?

For someone just introducing themselves for the first time it is quite unusual to promise extraordinary rewards when none of us actually know you. You could be part of a criminal gang out to get us merly using bottle collecting as the bait to lure us into a trap.

Why didn't you simply keep your bottle collection instead of burying it? Nobody I know re-buries their bottles in secret caches under streams.

TexasRancher

Reaction score
Say someone agrees to go to your GPS location deep in the heart of who knows where, what assurances do we have that an ambush isn't laying in wait to rob or kidnap us?

For someone just introducing themselves for the first time it is quite unusual to promise extraordinary rewards when none of us actually know you. You could be part of a criminal gang out to get us merly using bottle collecting as the bait to lure us into a trap.

Why didn't you simply keep your bottle collection instead of burying it? Nobody I know re-buries their bottles in secret caches under streams.
Good insights on a newbie to this forum. I'm here only for Sand Bank N.Y. bottles. To answer your questions...it's state land, not private, easy access, quiet comfortable place where you can even bring your fishing gear and fish the small brook trout there (i did and cooked up trout)...and there's not promises of extraordinary rewards...just old bottles for anyone to keep...one of which I really would like to have in my possession.
In 1989, I basically went out of the house and down the ravine for only 8 minutes to bury the bottles before I was back in the house. I packed all my belonging into a small car (we cashed out of Vermont) with my new wife and we move to Texas...could not take the volumetric space of bottles and had no where to put them but bury them to be retrieved later. lol, there's no appointment time for anyone to be on location...this is for anyone that is comfortable on Expeditions and wants to search on whatever year, day or time they want too. I'm just seeking the Sand Bank bottle for reward. If someone did try to lay in wait (it would only be someone i gave the map too on here)...and they'd be waiting for a long time for the next person to arrive. I live in Texas now, the travel costs and time are not worth the bottles...but if someone did find the Sand Bank...it's worth $500., I could go high as $800. since it's my original bottle. Hope this helps ease your concerns....I'm not the bad man...I'm just a Sand Bank N.Y. bottle nutcase.

UnderMiner

Reaction score
Good insights on a newbie to this forum. I'm here only for Sand Bank N.Y. bottles. To answer your questions...it's state land, not private, easy access, quiet comfortable place where you can even bring your fishing gear and fish the small brook trout there (i did and cooked up trout)...and there's not promises of extraordinary rewards...just old bottles for anyone to keep...one of which I really would like to have in my possession.
In 1989, I basically went out of the house and down the ravine for only 8 minutes to bury the bottles before I was back in the house. I packed all my belonging into a small car (we cashed out of Vermont) with my new wife and we move to Texas...could not take the volumetric space of bottles and had no where to put them but bury them to be retrieved later. lol, there's no appointment time for anyone to be on location...this is for anyone that is comfortable on Expeditions and wants to search on whatever year, day or time they want too. I'm just seeking the Sand Bank bottle for reward. If someone did try to lay in wait (it would only be someone i gave the map too on here)...and they'd be waiting for a long time for the next person to arrive. I live in Texas now, the travel costs and time are not worth the bottles...but if someone did find the Sand Bank...it's worth $500., I could go high as $800. since it's my original bottle. Hope this helps ease your concerns....I'm not the bad man...I'm just a Sand Bank N.Y. bottle nutcase.
Alright, you've convinced me. Hope you find someone here to volunteer. I would do it but the drive is too far for me and my busy schedule at the moment, although I do like the idea of digging for treasure.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kimp