casualties

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

suzanne

Reaction score
Jeremy and Vince work at Wal-mart. When Wal-mart managers are bored they review their surviellance videos. The manager sees this same kid, Vince, steal food repeatedly, saunter casually back to shipping/recieving, and eat his lunch. The manager was able to determine from the tapes that Vince stole 500.00 worth of food.

He is sort of ambivalant. Vince is a good worker. He stole food, therefore he was hungry. Maybe his parents were poor. But Wal-mart comes first. He fires Vince and makes him promise to pay it all back. Then he goes back to review some more tapes.

He see's Jeremy, who is a parking lot cart patroller and one of his best employees, snag a pop on one occasion and a pink hair extension for Sara on another. He can hardly believe his eyes because Jeremy is such a nice kid. He decides to fire him too but black friday is tomorrow and this is a bad time to not have a cart boy.

Jeremy hears through the grapevine that someone else is going to be fired for stealing at the end of the night shift on Friday and it' s a cart boy. He is queasy and filled with trepidation as he enters the walmart for what he supposes to be the last time. It is Friday. The parking lot is full so people are parking in the street, in the grass, at K-mart, where ever they can. There are about 15 carts in every aisle and the shoppers are in gridlock. Riots begin. People are fighting over x-boxes! Little kids with x-boxes are getting the carp beaten out of them and trampled by bigger kids. Bones are broken. Stampeding shoppers trample the fallen. Police are called and can't find a place to park and they have to fight their way into the store. They call for back up. Many shoppers are seriously injured.

Wal-mart forgot to fire Jeremy. They had bigger fish to fry. He came over this morning and had Thanksgiving dinner.

epackage

Reaction score
I don't know what to make of your story or if there is a lesson to be learned here, I'll have to wait until you or others here enlighten me...Jim

Wheelah23

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

I don't know what to make of your story or if there is a lesson to be learned here, I'll have to wait until you or others here enlighten me...Jim

'Twas my reaction as well, so I didn't post at first either... [8D]

You normally post funny, biting stories with a moral of some kind, suzanne, but you lost me... What's this supposed to mean? [&:]

cyberdigger

Reaction score
Looks like Suze supports people who steal from their jobs. Maybe it's the only way for some to survive, but if I was a boss and someone was was stealing from me I'd can 'em.. it's easy to hate Wally World, that's true, but I also hate people with sticky fingers.
That's all I could glean from the post.. maybe part 2 is on the way.. [;)]

suzanne

Reaction score
Every word of this story was true. Wal-mart did not press charges on Vince. Just the same Jeremy was mortified when he learned he had been caught out. I promise you he learned his lesson Charlie. As for a moral? How's this? Don't steal from Wal-mart.

suzanne

Reaction score
Everyone in the world walks around with an angel on one side and a devil on the other. Sometimes that little red devil might just lean over and whisper in your ear something like, "Wouldn't it be so exiting to trespass on someone elses property?" and your all looking around to see if anyone's watching but the angel jerks your arm and says, "but that would be wrong!" but then you just go with it and look what happens, here comes farmer Joe with the sherriff.

I kind of admired the Wal-mart manager because he never involved the police and is going to stick with that as long as Vince pays off his debt. How many suits do you know like that?

andy volkerts

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: suzanne

Everyone in the world walks around with an angel on one side and a devil on the other.  Sometimes that little red devil might just lean over and whisper in your ear something like, "Wouldn't it be so exiting  to trespass on someone elses property?" and your all looking around to see if anyone's watching but  the angel jerks your arm and says, "but that would be wrong!" but then you just go with it and look what happens, here comes farmer Joe with the sherriff. 

I kind of admired the Wal-mart manager because he never involved the police and is going to stick with that as long as Vince pays off his debt.  How many suits do you know like that?
[;)] Bottle diggers do it all the time! Half the bottles in my collection came from fenced keep out construction sites........Bwahahaha.....Andy

rockbot

Reaction score
I like rusty chain saws![:D][:D]

eh! what ever happened to athometoo (Sam) by the way? He was a really cool guy. I'll never forget the nice gold ore pieces and the point he sent me.

glass man

Reaction score
The story of Vince and Jeremy ain't the eye opener to me it is how insane Americans have become to buy even more crap that they don't need and how it will end up in a closet,storage place,or what ever....so hard to believe people will hurt each other over junk!!!JAMIE

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
louieb583