Check it: Johann Hoff bottle thats an inkwell

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

beendiggin

Reaction score
This is one of the neatest bottles I've seen.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/VERY-RARE-JOHANN-HOFF-PORTABLE-INKWELL-CIRCA-AUSTRIA-1890S-COMPLETE-WORKING-/200926717823?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec82a677f

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I've seen a few of those on the bay over the years. That or the same one several times? I do like them but I'm not $80's interested.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hi beendiggin and Eric. I have at least thirty some Advertizing Bottles in my collection. I would sure like to have one of these. It just isn't good timing for me right now because we are packing to migrate. This is sure a unique advertizing product. Most of mine are big bottles made for perfume, whiskey, Coca Cola, Balentines, beers and were made for liquor store windows, department stores and bar rooms.
I worked in the period when a lot of them were made. They were usually made on a three stage machine that started with a blank parison, then an enlarged parison and then the final large mold. The only machies I ever saw were made in Italy. O-I was the biggest producer in the U.S.
I think the largest ones are about 36" high, and were labeled. capped. and never held anything but pocket change in some ones bedroom closet.
The liquor ones were so someones wife would realize that she should take some home to her hubby.
Unique but a little ridiculous. RED Matthews

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bobbinc4