Chicken soup for the soul

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jesster64

Reaction score
Since I can't get out to dig, here's 2 stories for memorial day for you. These are absolutely true and I witnessed them myself.
About 7 years ago, my 70 year old father in law was laying in hospice dying. He had been there about 2 weeks and we knew the end was near. One morning the call went out to hurry up to his room, it was time. My mother in law got the call. She slowly got up, took a shower, changed, put on her make up. Her son had driven to the house to pick her up. he was practically in a panic. "Hurry up!" he kept telling her. "Don't you worry, he's waiting for me" he was told. A few hours after she got the call, his wife, my mother in law, arrived at his bedside. "Its allright dear, I'm here now, you can go, I love you", she whispered to him. He passed away 1 minute later.
Fast forward 5 years later. My mother in law was in hospice for about 3 weeks. My wife never left her side. 2 days after she passed away, i was watering the garden in the back. My wife came out on the deck and was watching me. All of a sudden she said to me, "what kind of bird is that in the birdbath?" I glanced over and said it was a cardinal. My wife asked if i was sure. I got a little angry and said yes, I'm sure, I know a cardinal when i see one, thats a female cardinal. My wife started crying and told me while she was with her mother, she asked her to send a sign, if she could, to let her know she was in heaven, allright, and with her huband, my wifes father. The sign they agreed on was a cardinal. By the way, the birdbath has a crack in it and hasn't held water in a few years. no reason for a bird to be on it.

Stardust

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing your beautiful, touching story. Once we've allowed ourselves to be open enough to see & receive these beautiful gifts there are signs everywhere....
Keep looking the signs may have only just begun.
Watch as you begin to see red cardinals slowly appear everywhere.
Enjoy, give thanks, and know you have a connection with your loved one.
~Stardust~

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mohib