city dump

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dannyrgardner

Reaction score
Found some stuff today that may be older than my normal post . this place will
take a while to sift through .. Never touched . all these was on the surface

Dannyrgardner

Reaction score
There is about 100 yards of this . I also found a coke bottle with the neck broke
Blytheville ARK
13 L.39
To bad it was broke

sunrunner

Reaction score
HI Danny , it still looks to me that your still in the 1950s . 1930s and even 1940s should not have a lot of crew cap jars . and no deposit bottles . very little of no plastic containers . the early dumps had a lot of ash in them . and steel cans not aluminum . also look for aqua or light blue cork top bottles . the more you find of them in a dump the older it is. hope this helps good luck and keep digging.

Dannyrgardner

Reaction score
I know a spot that is a lot older but its on a island you have to wade water(deep) I went there to look and there is farm equipment with metal tires

2find4me

Reaction score
There you go! Looks like you may have found something. Now to find the older section of the dump. The stuff on top is always new, but dig deeper or find the older part which most city dumps will have. Get a probe out and see how far down the glass goes. The amber medicine looks about 1920-30.

Robby Raccoon

Trash Digger
Reaction score
sunrunner said:
..... and even 1940s should not have a lot of crew cap jars . and no deposit bottles ....

No Deposit No Return bottles were not uncommon in the 1940s. Most diggers see one and won't touch it, since they usually are seen from the early 1960s on, and so will not know that it may be 1940s-1950s; I passed up one from the '50s a few days ago on my walk through the woods. But sometimes you find one with a date-code for a decade or two earlier than usual. As for screw tops, plenty were around then. I find them all the time. I even find cork-tops in the 1950s dumps. I think it all depends on the region.

Dannyrgardner

Reaction score
One foot down in a spot about 3'x3' I took a probe and I'm still hurting hitting stuff at 4' that's as far as the probe goes

Dannyrgardner

Reaction score
This is a find of the day . HISTORY I love it.. We carry cell phones for numbers they carried these

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AuctionAnnie