Civil war belt buckles and buttons

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

soda bottle

Reaction score
I see the price on them , but could they be fakes and are they worth anything? I bought them knowing they could be fakes , so I didn't pay much for them. Any help is appreciated.
1006732i.jpg

/image]

bostaurus

Reaction score
I know nothing about these but the casting on that buckle is pretty poor. I would have thought in that time it would have been made with a bit more craftsmanship.

soda bottle

Reaction score
I know nothing about these but the casting on that buckle is pretty poor. I would have thought in that time it would have been made with a bit more craftsmanship.

I'm in the same boat with you, I agree, I know nothing about Civil war items. I have tried to do a quick internet search and found there are many repos out there.

bostaurus

Reaction score
I did collect military buttons for awhile and some of those look pretty authentic though I am by no way an expert. I hope it all turns out to be good news for you. I know there are some folks on here that know this stuff.

cc6pack

Reaction score
Jacob

The only thing the looks fake is the 2 piece Navy, the one below it listed as rare Attleboro Mass. is probably WWI should have a D Evans back mark. That style was adapted in 1902 referred to as THE GREAT SEAL still being used today by the Army. For the most part they are not fakes just not CW area stuff with the exception of the one Eagle I button. Backs marks on button are just as important as the fron and in some case more important.

soda bottle

Reaction score
The eagle Infantry button has W.G. Mintzer Phil.D on the back but missing the round circle thingee . The Eagle with stars above head reads North Attleboro, Mass. D. Evans & Co.. The Philadelphia button has Scovill Mfg. Co. Any idea on total value?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Raybrdn