CLAY BOTTLES

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pclery

Reaction score
FOUND 3 CLAY BOTTLES FROM A OLD FRIEND THAT GOT THEM FROM HER FATHER OVER 100YRS AGO.THERE IS A MARKING ON THE TALL ONE (SKEY 15 TAM.....)CAN'T MAKE OUT THE REST OF THE LETTERS. I NEED TO KNOW IF THEY ARE A GOOD FINE AND HOW MUCH MONEY I CAN FINE FOR THEM. THANK YOU

Cz79797.jpg

Attachments

• Cz79797.jpg
    Cz79797.jpg
    120.3 KB · Views: 59

olddump

Reaction score
Hey, how ya doin? Those are nice clay bottles I think the one on the right is an ink they are pretty common [a lot of them around] but the other two are very differrent. There is no way to put a price on them as it's up to how bad people want them for thier collection. If you know how to try putting them on ebay and see what happens you never know. This is'nt much help but you have some nice stuff and they would be a great start of a collection of your own. See what else is around that place. Good luck. Tom, Olddump

deepwoods

Reaction score
I agree with Tom - those are really interesting looking - especially the first two. My question is,would those be considered"redware"? They look it. Try to get a make on the debossing - lettering, thats pretty important. Nice finds.

lfd49

Reaction score
Those do look very nice,can you help me find some info on a clay bottle I have'nt been able to locate anything about it.I am new this site and don't really know where to start.Thank you
[align=left] [/align]

canada

Reaction score
Ink bottle was made by Skey Tamworth, Staffordshire, England.. Skey operated from 1864 to 1930. The number 15 could be the year the bottle was made (1915).

mtfdfire22

Reaction score
i think ifd49 is just looking for info. dont think they meant to bring the 7 year old post back.

surfaceone

Reaction score
Hey John,

Welcome to this place, You doesn't has to start at the back of the bus. Create your own post, or continue this old thing. Put up some photos. Ask away.

Elizabeth-Taylor-in-Cleopatra-elizabeth-taylor-6523993-400-533.jpg

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
or continue this old thing. Put up some photos. Ask away.
Absolutely, welcome and post away. I'm glad you brought this back, thank you, I learned something from it already. Besides, if "digging up the past" is wrong we're all in trouble.[:D][:D]

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete