Cleaning ACL with "Bar Keepers Friend"

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, hope you don't think I think you're stupid for me asking, did you use water? [8D] Other than that, I think you just rub it with a sponge...

jblaylock

Reaction score
Yeah, I made a paste with water and bar keepers....rubbed with my finger for a bit and it didn't seem to do anything.

carobran

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jblaylock

Yeah, I made a paste with water and bar keepers....rubbed with my finger for a bit and it didn't seem to do anything.
liker i said.you need to put it on the label and let it sit for a while...........works much better[;)][;)][;)]

jblaylock

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jblaylock

The bottle it didn't seem to do anything with was a Red/White/Blue Pepsi bottle. Are these labels different?

carobran

Reaction score
i wouldnt think so............probably just has a tougher stain on it,sometimes the stain comes off easy and sometimes you have to really work on it...[:)]

captcadillac

Reaction score
I was wondering if this stuff would have effect on the iron on the pontil? I don't mean rubbing it on the pontil itself, but say your working on the bottle and some of it gets on the iron.
Thanks,
captcadillac

carobran

Reaction score
i doubt it,you usually have to let it sit for good while before it really does anything to rust,so as long as you rinse it off immediately it should be ok[:)]

captcadillac

Reaction score
Hi Carobran,
That is good to know because I bought the stuff and was already to start scrubbing away. Then I started to wonder if it would like wipe off my iron immediately.
Do you think it might be a good idea to use something like duct tape to help protect my pontil area. I can get pretty into what I am doing and not be that careful.
You mentioned how it works on rust. I was thinking of using it on my chrome truck rims. What do you think about that idea? If its a good for my rims then how long should I leave it on?
Thanks,
Captcadillac

carobran

Reaction score
if you are going to use it on the rims id say however long youve got to wait..........but at least an hour and you may have to repeat it a coupe of times depending on how bad the rust is..[:)]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webster