Cleaning and Repairing ...my basement...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

carobran

Reaction score
do ya think his wolf bit him,and thats why hes so cranky all the time?????? HMMM.[8|]

swizzle

Reaction score
Could be!! I never really thought about it. But then again I think his wolf is actually a pillow pet. At least that's what I've heard..from..you know that guy that does that thing. Haven't seen him in a while either, maybe he got attacked by an angry pack of pillow pe....uh wolves. [8|]

carobran

Reaction score
possibly,i here there bark is bigger than there bite ,though,...............ya know,come to think of it,i dont think ive ever seen him make a post wanting info on a bottle or giving any,just hollering,THIS ISNT ABOUT BOTTLES!!!!!maybe aggravating people is his hobby????[8|][:)]

charlotte49er

Reaction score
If you live in an area that freezes in winter, then you want to use torpedo sand and not the stone dust. The reason is that stone dust holds more water (more fine particles) and can cause heaving in winter. The type of sand you use is important also. Torpedo sand is angular and locks in the joints. Its less prone to blowing out of the joint and transfers loads to adjacent bricks better. Mason's sand or play sand tends to have round grains and they do not lock, always moving. Here's a tip, use polymeric sand in the joints.

Most home center sells gravel, stones, sand for patio brick setup. They are usually numbered 1,2,3.
#1 is the coarser stone which is for the base foundation. It is good if you need to level your patio in a major way, like a foot or something. You will also need it if you plan to put heavy item on it like parking a car (driveway). Otherwise you should be good with a #2

#2 is finer and it is the layer the brick lay on and you can level that easily.

#3 is basically fine sand and it is use to fill the gap between the bricks so that they will be nice and sturdy. This is done after you have finish laying down the bricks.

TIP: Rent a Whacker-Packer from your local Sunbelt rentals. After you putdownthe bricks and throw the sand over top, run the Whacker-Packer while you have your some help throwing more sand over the tops of the brick. the Whacker-Packer is like a jack hammer, except it has a flat base on it about a foot square. It will vibrate the bricks and pack the sand in between. Do that, and it will be as tight as a concrete floor!

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler