Cleaning question....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

farmgal

Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Haven't been around much...Long extremely cold depressing winter. I have a question about cleaning the pieces of ceramic type bowls, teacups and plates I have found last fall. I'm wondering if the Bar keepers friend cleaner is to harsh to use on them? If so what would be best? One of the bowls has flowers on the inside and I don't want to scratch them off. Thanks, farmgal....winter hermit.

farmgal

Reaction score
Thanks Woody will do! I see you live in NH...Not sure where you are located but camped all over NH, ME, CT, been to PA and VT also when I lived in New England. farmgal

RED Matthews

Reaction score
Hello farmgal, I still enjoy the results I get using [ STAIN AWAY + ]. It is a dentuire cleaner that I get from Wal Mart I keep some mixed up in an old bread pan and lay bottles in the solution. After a day or so, a bottle brush and a good rinsing produces a lot of cleaning.
RED Matthews.

farmgal

Reaction score
Thanks Red! I'll put that on my shopping list. I've used the baking soda as Woody said. I got enough clean to findout the plate is a pink Lu-ray pastel plate. Circa 1930-40s. Not old but Pink!! farmgal

Stardust

Reaction score
Just read in Better Homes and Gardens magazine a hint for cleaning bottles to use Pollenex.

just let it set in it for a while and the stain glass will be cleaned...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dazewudb3nice!