Clevenger Bros/MAG/Holly City for sale...

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

whiskeyman

Reaction score
For those interested: recently uncirculated examples of Clevenger Bros. glass has been listed on both eBay and in an online store. These Clevenger Bros. pieces had been in storage in Jim Travis' garage. (For those who don't know: Travis was the last owner of the Clevenger Bros Glassworks).[/align]The eBay seller gardenchiq ii , and her husband had been doing business with Travis before he recently passed. Travis's son contacted them after Travis' death, and they bought the remaining stock and began selling it online.[/align]Check out : http://www.sweetdreamscreations.net[/align]and http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQsassZgardenchiq_ii[/align] [/align]There is also available Wheaton, Millville Art Glass, and Holly City Bottles, plates, suncatchers, paperweights, etc... for those interested in collecting those companies. It's my understanding that Travis & Clevenger Bros. were involved with both the Holly City and Millville Art Glass manufacturing, but I don't know to what extent.[/align] [/align]The prices are quite reasonable, as is the S&H. I've bought several items already and been totally pleased.[/align]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Now - heres' an interesting tidbit of info:[/align]gardenchiq ( Barbara) filled me in on Travis's & Clevenger Bros. relationship with Holly City & Millville Art Glass wares:...[/align] [/align] Now, Millville Art Glass & Holly City Bottle were owned and operated by Ed Johnson who passed in the late 1990's I believe. Ed designed the moulds and worked at Wheaton Glass. Ed did not have a furnace so he would get Wheaton Glass or Clevenger Brothers to pour the glass for him. [/align]

whiskeyman

Reaction score
Just learned from another source that JAMES TRAVIS passed on July 3rd, 2007. [/align]( I hadn't realized it was that "recently.")[/align]see above post[/align] [/align]My sympathies go out to his Family & Friends.[/align]

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carpenter