COCA COLA / 1915 PROTOTYPE / EARL R DEAN / RAY A GRAHAM

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

celerycola

Reaction score
It was Harold Hirsch who hired an army of Pinkerton detectives for Coca-Cola, sending them across the country 1910-1916. They were instructed to find druggists, confectioners, and mom-and-pop store owners selling anything other than Coca-Cola and threaten them with legal action from their multinational employer. When threats failed, they simply dragged the poor shopkeepers into the street and beat them up.

Harold Hirsch was the leading general for Coca-Cola (and likely the model for the protagonist in the only novel on Coca-Cola).

If you want to know what was going on in the trenches in the Kola Wars you need to research Harry Nims. Harry was the brains and the brawn who actually led the legal battles for Coca-Cola in the courts. He was such an expert in unfair competition and trademark law that his book on the subject was the standard textbook in law schools for sixty years.

Harry Nims law files were sold by his family a couple of years ago and are in a private collection.

ORIGINAL: SODAPOPBOB

For anyone interested in doing additional research on this topic, here's an individual whose name I do not believe has been mentioned yet and might worth looking into. I have not researched him myself.

Meet ...

Harold Hirsch

http://xrl.us/bpciym

4DB1CA98EC6942768DCD60D14A46558A.jpg

SODAPOPBOB

Reaction score
The primary reason I brought up the name Harold Hirsch is because of the letter he wrote (Dated April 26, 1915) which was sent to various members of the Coca Cola Bottlers' Association regarding a new bottle design. The following link also contains a number of other names that might be worth researching, which I haven't had time to look into. I bet one or all of those guys knew who the other glass manufacturing contenders were.

Power of the Contour ~ Chapter 8

http://xrl.us/bpcn2f

cokebottle1916

Reaction score
Re: RE: COCA COLA / 1915 PROTOTYPE / EARL R DEAN / RAY A GRAHAM

Good Morning : Just wanted to say Hi. My bottle is tucked away nice and safe. As always much interest. Check it out on YouTUBE ( Worlds Rarest Coke Bottle). Ltr Buzz

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mlzeigler