Coca Cola Airline Cooler / Bottles / Q's

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

squirtbob

Reaction score
After purchasing this cooler over the weekend I've tried to find one exactly like it but have been unsuccessful. Hoping someone on this site can help with date and approximate value information. I have located several airline coolers that are similar but can't find one that has the script this large. The cooler measures 6" deep, 15.25" wide, 10.75" high. The script area including the word DRINK covers 4.25" and is centered. It is the same on the front and back and there is no mention anywhere of a manufacturer of the box. There are two clasps on the front and 3 hinges on the back. The box would tightly hold 12 bottles, is solid with some surface rust and minor dings. There has never been a bottle opener attached and the handle grip, though missing, may have been something other than metal. I flanked the picture with 2 Nov 16, 1915 coke bottles. One is LGW manufactured and dates to 1919. No city listed on the bottom. The other does not contain a date but hails from Arlington, GA which apparently is a somewhat scarce coke bottle. I'm not a coke collector. I would be willing to make trades on the bottles for early Squirt bottles. Any info on the cooler would be appreciated. Thanks.

C7D4C0E25B334FB2A73499BF4532046F.jpg

Attachments

• C7D4C0E25B334FB2A73499BF4532046F.jpg
    C7D4C0E25B334FB2A73499BF4532046F.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 84

cc6pack

Reaction score
Bob

Petretti's has a box close to yours with DRINK and COCA COLA on it as 1940's, from the ones I've seen it look about right. Ones that I've had all had a manufacture on them somewhere.

LC

Reaction score
That's a neat box , over the years I picked up quite a few Coke coolers but never did come across one of those .

Eric

Reaction score
Post that cooler on soda-machines.com.... there is a guy who specializes in picnic coolers
Bet he could tell you...

squirtbob

Reaction score
Thanks Dennis. I've checked everywhere inside and outside and there is no marking identification except "Drink Coca Cola." I do not have the Petretti's book. Does the script look as large? Here's a picture of the inside.
ORIGINAL: cc6pack

Bob

Petretti's has a box close to yours with DRINK and COCA COLA on it as 1940's, from the ones I've seen it look about right. Ones that I've had all had a manufacture on them somewhere.

1C083AFE832E4C3CA0F92B97DFE4CBBD.jpg

Attachments

• 1C083AFE832E4C3CA0F92B97DFE4CBBD.jpg
    1C083AFE832E4C3CA0F92B97DFE4CBBD.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 81

MrSchulz

IowaBottles
Reaction score
I picked one up for $30 at an antique mall, the bottom was gone from rust and the clips were broken off from rust. Refabricated both, repainted, had it in my collection around 2 years and sold it for $250, about a $200 profit, the guy didnt even care that the bottom and latches weren't orginal..

squirtbob

Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion. I joined the site but am still running the guantlet of admin approval to join the discussion groups so I can ask a question. I'll let you know what I find out.
ORIGINAL: Eric

Post that cooler on soda-machines.com.... there is a guy who specializes in picnic coolers
Bet he could tell you...

squirtbob

Reaction score
Interesting. Thanks for the post. Did your cooler have the large script like the one I picked up? That was what attracted me to it, it seemed just a little unusual. BTW, I paid $46 at an antique mall. At this point I'm not sure that I'll keep it and if I do keep it I actually like the way it looks. The box is very solid, the rust is just surface without any deep pitting. I imagine you had quite a few hours in your restoration process before you turned that profit.
Do the Double Dot Pepsi's you collect need to have an Iowa association? I'm always looking to trade and I broke my Des Moines Iowa Squirt bottle in the fall using it as a flower display for my wife. It didn't do well landing on the concrete.
ORIGINAL: MrSchulz

I picked one up for $30 at an antique mall, the bottom was gone from rust and the clips were broken off from rust. Refabricated both, repainted, had it in my collection around 2 years and sold it for $250, about a $200 profit, the guy didnt even care that the bottom and latches weren't orginal..

Eric

Reaction score
You will like the soda-machine site... They set it up so we don't get spammers joining.... I'll be interested in seegin what they say about this coolerbuilt much like the airline modelmaybe a earlier/first style of that type?... the airlines have stainless steel liners and are more round (looking down from the top)
Anyone here ever has a question about coolers or machines... you'll like it there.. great folks very friendly and a lot of knowledge like here for bottles

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75