Coca cola bottle from Albuquerque

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Gnatstomper

Reaction score
I know someone who found a square Coca Cola bottle. It has a square center section with a round top and round base. It says "property of Coca Cola" I would describe it as the embossed style of bottle. It is clear glass and held 6 oz. The bottom of the bottle indicates it was bottled in Albuquerque, NM. There might have been a little bit more written on it, but I wasn't able to write anything down. I have searched pretty thoroughly, but I have not been able to turn up much information on square coca cola bottles, let alone anything at all bottled in Albuquerque.
*edit Also I think there was a 2 digit date, maybe 23, but I might have mixed it up with the dates on some of their other old soda bottles they found that I was looking at as well at the same time

Right now they are thinking it is worth $10,000 because that is what they were told by someone who probably didn't know what they were talking about. I am thinking it is worth maybe between $20-$200 based on other coca cola bottles bottled by independent bottlers in the 1900-1930s timeframe. Is there anyone out there who can either confirm my price range or perhaps give me a more accurate estimate? (unfortunately no picture either, if really necessary I might be able to take a picture and get more details the next time I visit)

dshaneb

Reaction score
I have never heard of a "square" coke bottle and lately I have been searching the internet for information on my amber Coca-Cola with vertical arrow. If the bottle has the words "Coca-Cola" in cursive script on it, it held actual coke, but the bottles that have only "Property of Coca-Cola" or others terms in block letters with no cursive "Coca-Cola" were other drinks bottled under the coke company and are usually less valuable. I'll keep looking around, but here is the link to a page with a lot of info and examples of the old cokes:

http://www.antiquebottles.com/coke/

Shane

KEvans

Reaction score
In September of '99, I sold at a living estate auction for my mother, a coca cola bottle with straight sides, tapered neck, Denver, CO, and coca cola in script. I located a picture of the bottle in a book that a local antique dealer had and it was listed as circa 1902 to 1910. As I remember, it brought $230. My father had been in pharmacy and my mothers father also ran a drugstore and there were a lot of LUG bottles, apothecary scales and other pharmacy related items that went through the sale. KE

BARQS19

Reaction score
Hi first off very very common. All it is is a soda water bottle with a square shape and it says coca cola bottling co. on it in block print, worth about $5 - $25 if even that. Before I found out what they were I had a guy telling me the same thing "oh I gots a square coke bottle, rare rare rare. When I found out he was talking about the soda water bottle it made me laugh. Oh with the 23 most have a pat. July something 1923 date on them. Whoever told him it was worth $10,000 has got to be high.
BARQS19

coachjoe

Reaction score
I have a Big Chief cola bottle. It says San Augustine on the bottom. Is it the same that you are talking about?

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75