coca cola bottling plants

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

j

Reaction score
does anyone out there know if there is a book on cities and state naming
who bottled coca cola back when the 6 oz was the common size live in s.d
we had lead ,rapid city, mitchell ,and sioux falls as bottling plants
thanks

thesodafizz

Reaction score
Yes, there is a book. I had an answer I was going to put in Member's Network of the Fizz that takes care of that. Cecil Munsey wrote a book on Coca-Cola back in the early 70s that has the list in the back. His answer to the query in the last Fizz:

I just today received the November-December 2007 issue of THE SODA FIZZ. On page two, in the Member’s Network (letters to the editor), you published a letter from Todd Barber. He requests information regarding Coca-Cola bottles. He specifically requests, in part, “…a reference guide that goes by bottling plants in different states....†so that he could learn “…how many bottling plants that there were. I think that would be a fun way [by bottling plants] to collect Coke bottles.â€
You gave Todd a few suggestions. To your suggestions, I would add that my book – “The Illustrated Guided to the Collectibles of Coca-Cola†(Hawthorn Books, Inc., New York, 1972), features in Appendix A (pages 296-311) a comprehensive list of “COCA-COLA BOTTLERS AND THE DATES THEY STARTED IN BUSINESS.†In those 15 pages of small print there is a listing, by state and city, of over 750 bottling plants and the date each one began bottling Coca-Cola.

If my copy of the book was here in N.C. with me (instead of at my house in Tenn.), I'd list the bottlers for S.D. for you. Perhaps someone else on this forum has the book with them, but didin't realize it had this list in the back, and could provide that for you. If not, next trip to Tenn., I'll bring mine back with me and post it.

K

cc6pack

Reaction score
Dave

Bill Porter's book has
Aberdeen
Chamberlain
Huron
Mobridge
Pierre
Watertown
in addition to the ones you listed.

grime5

Reaction score
munceys book has 750 but that is only about half.i was looking at mine the other day. the porters book has around 1500 listed. i have a bottle from 1265 different cities. later greg

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward