COCA COLA D105529 WITH 4 PRG 47?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
Sounds like a D-Patent Coke from 1947. I'm not a soda expert though, and don't know why there isn't a city on the bottom.

Welcome to the forum. This hobby should be good therapy for you, although it may become a serious obsession! (My illness apparently had recently progressed)..
Incidentally, regarding therapy, my mother's doctor advised her to use an old coke bottle (if she could find one- yeah - like that was difficult[8|]) for physical therapy after her hip replacement. She was supposed to roll her foot back and forth on it. So - anyone that wants to sell these - I'm thinking this might be a good market! Top dollar for hobbleskirt cokes!
If your camera has lots of megapixels, try taking the picture from much farther away, then you can reduce and crop it on the computer. I've found this is a much easier way to get a close-up in focus.

Kate

digdug

Reaction score
The 47 does mean it was made in 1947, the number 4 is just the mold number they used to make the bottle. The PRG stands for the glass manufacturing company that made the bottle. I don't have my Bottle Makers mark book with me to look up which company that is. For some reason or another, some of the Patent D bottle like yours did not have a City/State marking. That is unusual, but I wouldn't call it rare. Welcome to the forum!! You should try to go to an Antique Bottle Show in your area. I read some of your other posts-and you are new to the hobby, check out a local bottle show. You can do a search or go to http://www.antiquebottles.com/shows.html for a list of upcoming shows.

c.rodriguezgarcia

Reaction score
HELLO GUYS,
I FIND OUT THAT PRG STAND FOR PUERTO RICO GLASS CO. AND 47 IS THE YEAR THANKS A LOT, HOPEFULY I WILL FIND A GOOD BOTTLE TO SHARE WITH YOU...

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles