Coca Cola machine

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

accountantadam

Reaction score
Picked this machine up this past weekend. All 4 sides show some rust but appear to be solid. Missing the lid. The tub is still there. Compressor is there, but I'm guessing its shot. Has a neat little tag on the back that says property of borden's chillicothe ohio, and what I'm guessing is an inventory number. My wife was less than impressed when I unloaded it. I'm guessing maybe a westinghouse junior, but can't find any markings on it. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! Adam

48463DEC291A42499C6F487AEBF327FE.jpg

Attachments

• 48463DEC291A42499C6F487AEBF327FE.jpg
    48463DEC291A42499C6F487AEBF327FE.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 56

Eric

Reaction score
Looks to be a Westinghouse Standard (double lids, a junior has only one lid, half the size of this cooler)....

Check out Soda-Machines.com.. Everything you'll ever need/want to know about that cooler
you'll find there.

You're missing the bottle opener a Starr style, with Coca-Cola embossed on the top (tons of those on ebay at any given day), cap catcher (a long enclosed style) and the lower front grill plate that covers the compressor area.

Also check with Fun-Tronicsllc.com They are licensed with Coca-Cola and are a Vintage Soda machine vendor, Rod and Janet are great folks there and can get you lids and may be able to help locate a catcher.
Good Luck

LC

Reaction score
The one I have must be called the Junior . It has one small door that opens from front to the back . Shows no signs of having a compressor though , It is quite small for a coke machine . Missing the tub from inside regrettably .

Eric

Reaction score
Too bad about the tub L C.... It would have had a embossed number along the inner top lip would have given you the date. Rod can get you a tub or give you the dimentions to have one made. Bet a AC/Heating guy could bend and break you one.
most of the juniors would have been a dry box (ice only).... is the lid good? many times they are rough....
And Rod also carries the cap catchers for those.

LC

Reaction score
Hello Eric , you are right about the tub . Anyone with a break could form one up . The lid is a bit rough , some knot head tried to put different hinges on the back of it . The rest of it is pretty nice , next to no rust except for maybe a little surface rust in places . Would be a nice restoration project . Some years back I wrestled it up in the attic space over top my work shop .

Sold my Cavalier machine I had a few weeks ago , been thinking about craiglisting this one , but am afraid to try and wrestle it back down from above by myself lol . I still can't figure out how I actually got it up there in the first place , it is quite small for a machine . I have another machine I dug out of a dump years ago . It had bullet holes as well as a lot of rust . I doubt that it could be restored . It has a circle shaped lid on top with a coin mechanism . Here is a pic of the Cavalier . Not trying to steal Dan's thunder , just figure this is an appropriate place for the discussion .

3399DC6EC25B4301B89A316EDF52704F.jpg

Attachments

• 3399DC6EC25B4301B89A316EDF52704F.jpg
    3399DC6EC25B4301B89A316EDF52704F.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 61

Eric

Reaction score
Nice 51.. did it have the “Ammo†Belt for the bottles.. If so that was a plus! It's very hard to find. great looking machine great embossing.. Nice survivor...
Love coolers and machines.. that is what I collect and look for more... always looking for off brand floor coolers.

LC

Reaction score
This one was complete with the ammo belt and was in working condition except for needing a charge . It was cool but not as cool as it should have been . Did not get what I thought it was worth out of it , but figured it was time for someone else to enjoy having .

There was a guy who stopped here once ago and wanted to buy my machines . Before he left he told me that if I wanted to get the right color of paint for restoring a machine that the paint numbers were the following . Thought others might could use this informaion if it is indeed correct .

PAINT NUMBERS FOR COLORS FOR COCA-COLA MACHINE
DUPONT ACRILIC ENAMEL RED COLOR 60807-A
DUPONT ACRILIC ENAMEL WHITE COLOR 6731-A
664- 11.23
665- 22.95

MrSchulz

IowaBottles
Reaction score
Yep Westinghouse, medium I believe. Almost bought one before, would be nice to have.

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tina Luallen