Coca-Cola syrup jug; unique label; anyone seen one like it?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

jaimo

Reaction score
Hello,

I have found a one gallon Coca-Cola jug with a cork and an oval paper label. I cannot find another one quite like it. I am looking to see if anyone here has seen one, or has any information about it.

I have it posted here on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120878068601&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT

ONE GALLON is embossed in the glass near the top. 604 is embossed in the glass near the bottom and it has a 9 on the bottom. The bottom glass is cracked, but intact. There are 12 photos in the ebay listing.

Any information would be appreciated!

jaimo

Reaction score
Here is one photo.

0083987FBBD14AB2B61825EA4D1B43F1.jpg

Attachments

• 0083987FBBD14AB2B61825EA4D1B43F1.jpg
    0083987FBBD14AB2B61825EA4D1B43F1.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 83

jamus

Reaction score
Are you sure that is a crack and not just an owens ring? Perhaps I am just not seeing it.

jaimo

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jamus

Are you sure that is a crack and not just an owens ring? Perhaps I am just not seeing it.

Unfortunately there is a crack around most of the bottom. [:(] I wish I could say there wasn't! The ebay photos can be clicked on to enlarge...then the zoom feature gets you in nice and close. (I'm not sure if you need to be signed in to ebay to use this feature.)

Wheelah23

Reaction score
I'm not entirely convinced it's a crack, it looks like it could've been an in making defect from a crude early machine. I'm sure it's more obvious in person, but it could go either way with the pics.

jaimo

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: Wheelah23

I'm not entirely convinced it's a crack, it looks like it could've been an in making defect from a crude early machine. I'm sure it's more obvious in person, but it could go either way with the pics.

Well, that certainly is hopeful news! I will have to reinspect it more closely (I listed it for a friend and it is in his possession).

epackage

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: jaimo

Well, that certainly is hopeful news! I will have to reinspect it more closely (I listed it for a friend and it is in his possession).
Personally I would have started it at $9.99 and set a reserve on it that your friend was comfortable with, just my opinion though...Being a COKE item it's gonna get it's fair share of views and if it's worth $500 you'll have no problem getting bids in that area...

jaimo

Reaction score
ORIGINAL: epackage

ORIGINAL: jaimo

Personally I would have started it at $9.99 and set a reserve on it that your friend was comfortable with, just my opinion though...Being a COKE item it's gonna get it's fair share of views and if it's worth $500 you'll have no problem getting bids in that area...

Thanks for the input! [:D] That is exactly how I was going to start it off...and I am going to take your advice and lower it now. I only started it high because I was still researching it, but I wanted to get the listing up during prime time hours last night and I wasn't sure of it's value (I'm still not really sure).

Wheelah23

Reaction score
Yeah, I'd think that's worth some serious money, as long as you can say with 100% confidence that it's not cracked. I don't doubt an early jug like that is worth in the hundreds, but you've got two things against you.

1. A high starting bid usually scares people off, even if it would end up there.
2. The crack mentioned in the listing will obviously scare people away... If it is a crack, the value is lowered considerably... But if it's not a crack, you want to make sure you emphasize it!

jaimo

Reaction score
Wheelah23,

I will have to wait until morning to get my hands on it again. I know for sure the bottom was solidly in place...so I hope you are right about it just being a defect.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229