Codd Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

digdug

Reaction score
I gave someone a Codd (marble stopper) bottle as a gift. It was from St Helens England. They asked me an interesting question (which I had no answer for). Did they make Codd bottles in the U.S.? After they asked that, I thought the only ones I have ever seen were from England. So-Did they make Codd bottles in the U.S.? Have you seen one marked from the United States? I would like to see a picture if you have one! THANKS!

bigkitty53

Reaction score
Hi Dig,
I know of 2 California companies that used codd's;Pearson Bros. from Placerville, and
Samuel Fogg & Co. from SanFran.(Fogg had a dog's head trademark) I don't know if they were made in the U.S. or not but they were embossed with the city names.Sorry I don't have pictures.

Hope this helps,

KAT

IRISH

Reaction score
There are quite a few American ones, if you search US ebay for "Codd" it will come up with a few.
Other than the UK and US I've seen lots (I mean LOTS [;)] ) of codds from Australia, New Zealand and South Africa plus a few from China, India, Argentina, France, Germany and Holland. Anyone seen any from other countrys ???? I'd suspect most European countrys will have codds.

warith

Reaction score
Japan (still being used and manufactured!) and Pakistan, Hawaii (back before it was part of USA)

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sneaky Pete