coffin shaped pills!!!

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

welddigger

Reaction score
http://www.rtam.com/glassworks_catalog/cgi-bin/SHOWITEM.CGI
I don't collect poisons but I've never really seen a full one and to boot the pills are shaped like coffins?? Do you think this was because they thought maybe somebody that could'nt read the label, could'nt figure out why this bottle was so odd and differant than the rest of the bottles might actually stop and not take the pills because they were shaped like coffins?????

welddigger

Reaction score
Well, i just relized that dosn't take you to the exact lot but gets you to the auction. Lot #359 is the one I am refering too.

pyshodoodle

Reaction score
But if the bottle were cobalt, you couldn't see the shape of the pills. Lot 360 - I have the big one - I guess the little one is more rare, huh?! Says perfect, but looks like there's a crack in the lip, doesn't it?
Kate

Jim

Reaction score
The coffin shape was used by several companies for those antiseptic tablets. Mercury bichloride (also called corrosive sublimate) is nasty stuff. If eaten, those things would literally eat your esophagus from the inside out [&:].

Clear is actually a very scarce color for that bottle, as most of them were cobalt. With full labels and contents, that is a good poison bottle. ~Jim

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kylese