Norwich 25 pill Coffin hobnail cobalt

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Bassist10

Reaction score
Thanks Jim for taking the time, I want to keep them anyway, As I said in another post 2005 was a great year for bottles.
I was at a show one day where sellers at neighboring tables were complaining about EBAY and the winfalls being made without dragging your bottles packing displaying and getting a fraction of what they sell for on ebay. People wanted these poisons for bragging rights or what ever, seems to have settled down a great deal. Maybe it will pick back up again in a few years.

Thanks for the details and your time. BTW I have watchers and many views, the politics of ebay are annoying to me.
Back then I had to become the thing I hated most a Sniper waiting until the last seconds to pounce on a desired Ebay item.

I have to admit it paid off on a few I aquired, One such example is beautiful Sydenham's Laudenum (On Label) Bottle with cut crystal ground glass stopper in light cobalt blue with a pontil scar on the bottom and enameled label with 22 K gold border, about a litre I think. one appraiser said this was not a country Doctor's bottle in all probability it was a court physician or someone of higher social standing. The seller had a very impressive pedigree research in the listing.

It's MINE.
The stopper looks like a huge sapphire jewel and is a the center of my top shelf.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mistymad28