Coke Bottle With A Typo

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Dagon

Reaction score
I found this bottle in my grampas old rotting barn along with a bunch of other bottles and jars. It is a 1974 10 oz money back bottle. It has a typo on the bottom. They spelled "Miami" Miama. Does the misspelling give it any value?

B308B91C2E94480390B2B2540A1C4B49.jpg

Attachments

• B308B91C2E94480390B2B2540A1C4B49.jpg
    B308B91C2E94480390B2B2540A1C4B49.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 121

capsoda

Reaction score
Dag son, thats how we say it down here.[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif] If it raises the value at all it won't be enough to worry about unless you can find a Coke Freak that collects compulsively. Then you can make a really big deal out of it and they will pay because THEY HAVE GOT TO HAVE IT!!!!!!!!
[sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif][sm=lol.gif]

kbobam

Reaction score
Warren's reply is both very funny and entirely true. At least if you're a Coca-Cola nut who's able to laugh at himself!
(Honestly, as far as value goes you never really know. What if this was one of the first bottles off the line and someone doing 'quality-control' caught the mistake and had it corrected? There sure wouldn't be many of them around!) Cheers, Bob ( :

wonkapete

Reaction score
Yep, I have an entire collection dedicated to misprints and mistakes. I even wrote an article in the Soda Spectrum a few months ago on the pieces that made it past Coke's QA. I have a lot of interesting pieces but nothing worth a lot of money, but fun pieces to collect anyway!

kbobam

Reaction score
One of these days a rich foreign 'Coke Freak' will come on the scene, and you're going to be loving life!
(Unless of course you couldn't possibly part with them, and that's understandable too.)

Dagon

Reaction score
[:)]Thanks for the replies guys. The info is appreciated. I think I will use it to start a misprint collection. Unless of course a rich forign 'Coke Freak' comes along with a bucket of money.[;)] I think I could part with it then.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ROC.NYbottles