I have an old soda bottle with a rounded bottom

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Abn@9352920

Reaction score
I have a glass soda bottle with a rounded bottom that does not stand up but has to be laid down or leaned up against other objects to sit up strait so it won't spill. I would think anyone drinking out of it would have to hold onto it until their drink is gone. It looks like blown glass. It's hard to store because it won't stand up like all the other bottles. I can't find any replica of it on the web.
1. How old is it?
2. What is it worth?
3. Does it have a name?

CanadianBottles

Reaction score
Welcome to the forum! I can't answer any of those questions without a picture of the bottle, bottles matching your description were used for almost 100 years. I suspect the answers are going to be:
1. The turn of the 20th century
2. Not very much, unfortunately, if it isn't embossed. Probably $1-10, depending on how common they are in your area.
3. Round-bottom bottle, if the sides are straight, and Hamilton or Torpedo bottle if the bottle is a bit more egg-shaped.

But the answer could be different if your bottle is embossed, an unusual colour, or older than most of these bottles are.

By the way, these would typically have been used with a metal holder when the drink was being poured out, something like this:
1714150854409.png

Staff online

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aarhar75