Colbalt Blob Soda

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Reaction score
Here is another dig from Cape Cod. Blob top embossed with "I. Brownell New Bedford this bottle never sold"
Iron pontil with no chips/cracks. I dug it with a stick because I was working and on lunch break took a walk. The dump I found had already been dug & this oldie was left behind in shallow ground.

Ec89663.jpg

Attachments

• Ec89663.jpg
    Ec89663.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 70

swizzle

Reaction score
DROOLLLLL!!!!!!!!![sm=tongue.gif]I love those old cobalt soda's. In heaven the dumps are full of those. Jason

monsterdigger

Reaction score
Man nice soda!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A nearby town Lemont. supposedly had a cobalt soda. Maybe il get lucky and dig my own..........lol.

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Willy...

Great soda...[8D] Now that I have your attention....

Being a surveyor and all, maybe you can tell me how I can get hold of information from Army Corps of Engineers on bridges, construction sites, cofferdams, dredge sites and location of removed earth and spoils from the dredging? I can't seem to get anywhere with these guys... I know the information has got to be public, but talking with these guys is like pulling teeth!!![>:]

Any suggestions??[:-]

Wayne[&:]

Reaction score
Hi Wayne,
Most dredging is put on barges & hauled out to sea. Personally they like to keep it quiet.
Sometimes they use a vacant field to dry it out but after the dredging there isn't much left for glass. I have been chasing this for years myself & sometimes they take the spoils to replenish the beaches. Construction debris is ran through a screener & turned into gravel so the chances of saving any artifacts are close to none. Been on jobs that the material moves so fast you don't have a chance!
Not like the good old days. Now I am working at the Sagamore rotary project ending date is 2007 & have found one Indian artifact & one milk bottle in the last 2 years.
[8D] See ya,
Willy

southern Maine diver

Reaction score
Hey Willy...

Thanks for getting back to me... I swear these guys are so tight lipped, I can't stand it... the worst thing about it is that this information is public knowledge!!! I just wanted to get some before and after photographs so I could see where the old bridge was as compared to the new bridge, Jeezum... you'd think I was aksing for the launch codes for a nuke silo....[:eek:]

Wayne[&:]

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward