colored pontil medicine-cure

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tigue710

Reaction score
thats why I said American maker... although the embossing looks similar to a few American made bottles also, it was common to send orders over seas at the time....

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
ok tigue, sometimes its hard to understand what people are typing.

do you have any pictures of bottles that have this shape that can be attributed to an american glass house?

tigue710

Reaction score
what came to mind was a strange bottle, the balm of silliness, and also the teal pint size udolpho wolfe's...

In retrospect American maker is not very clear...!

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
oh matty, i know you were trying to be a good guy, but if your unsure about something...dont assume a value. [;)] You did know its a harder one to get, but that doesnt mean its worth a mint. the highest it would go is the $4700 range, but thats pushin it.

i too would say i was wrong if by some slim chance i am. [;)] i would however like to see pictures of your PEZ collection when all is said and done.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
he had the right idea with the reserve. you could have just told him to up the reserve.

I recommended he not sell it on ebay because high end bottles on ebay have been realizing much lower final values than those at the glass auction companies. His listing did not do justist to the item he was selling as I have stated. Its just my opinion nothing more , nothing less.

I also thought it was English as soon as I saw it and the London directories were one of the first places I searched. It has definate English features. But it is apparently an American product.

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
read above your last post....

a high reserve of oh say 2 grand if met would be a very good price for the bottle. if it didnt meet the reserve, he could let the collectors touch and feel it at a bottle show (like the one you go to) and tell them the reserve. then he would get the 2 grand. play it smart pez man, you like puttin prices on bottles...you should know this.

PhilaBottles

Reaction score
I also thought it was English as soon as I saw it and the London directories were one of the first places I searched. It has definate English features.

i bet you did.

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Flipper93