Cone Ink ?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

slimdigger

Reaction score
Here is another bottle dug today. It appears to be a cone ink bottle but if so it is one I have not seen before. Anybody have any ideas on this bottle? I has circles embossed around the shoulder and a line across the midbody with " Fill To This Line " embossed abover the line. No base marks.

Zx70644.jpg

Attachments

• Zx70644.jpg
    Zx70644.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 50

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Cool bottle slim. It does look like a ink but would bet it was a atomizer bottle. I have seen the spray perfumes embossed with that before... Taz

slimdigger

Reaction score
Taz, That thought crossed my mind as well. I am leaning more towards the atomizer base but how would it attach ? I thought most of the blown in mold atomizer bases had ground lip threaded necks for attachment ?

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Possibly a rubber ball type crimped to the lip... DUNNO.... lol... Another possibility powderd ink and water? I will look it up in covills ink book.Taz

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Slim I didnt find a reference in Covills but I did see something along the same line in Old Inks Nelson/Hurley Taz

Lj22248.jpg

Attachments

• Lj22248.jpg
    Lj22248.jpg
    80.5 KB · Views: 44

slimdigger

Reaction score
I knew I had seen something similar . I have the ink botle in the book in one of the boxes around here somewhere. I emailed the past president of our local club. Inks are his passion so maybe he can shed some light on the subject. I will post the response when I get it. Thanks for your effort on this one.

capsoda

Reaction score
Yes, they are very collectable. My wife loves em. She has several and they get quite ornate. Heres a neat one. This one looks like an ink. She also has one that looks like a pineapple.

Us55320.jpg

Attachments

• Us55320.jpg
    Us55320.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 65

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member