Connecticut Bottle list

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

NewEnglandGlass

Reaction score
Has anyone ever made a Conn Bottle's list? I have seen a Western states and R.I But have not been able to locate a Conn one. Any help greatly appreciated.

cowseatmaize

Reaction score
I can't think of one. It usually ends up the burden of the clubs and it's members. Baltimore has one for that alone. I can't think of a club in Conn. of hand but they do have shows.

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I did this a few years ago. Certainly not all encompassing, its just meds, and I dont update it.
http://www.antiquemedicines.com/Cities/CitiesMain.htm

tigue710

Reaction score
There's a few of us with lists in our heads! But that's about it as far as I know. There is the somers club, the south eastern club, a few others but I haven't heard of any lists outside of lists for particular glass works. I was working on one for new London, and a list of new London bottles. A list of ct bottles would in it's self be a huge undertaking!

NewEnglandGlass

Reaction score
Sounds like a fun project could take a very long time but the best things in life are always worth waiting for.
If anyone would like to contribute a partial list or have single bottles to describe please let me know ill start Compiling What i currently own from Ct and get some others from fellow diggers and collectors i know. Thanks for the input everyone.
Should i include photos of each bottle as well as bottle type,height, width,Color, etc?

tigue710

Reaction score
I think the more complete the list the better, the one thing I didn't really like about some other lists out there is that all they are is a list, the more information the better... I have a few files to contribute, bit all back east right now. I had one of the largest collections of new London druggists and blob tops... And now a few old time coectors who could contribute. I think a cross reference would be excellent... Was so
Erving I always wanted the time to do...

NewEnglandGlass

Reaction score
Hows this for Information
Bottle Type Embossing Height Width Style color How made

Im logging all the bottle's into Microsoft Excell

Tigue ever here or see of this one Linonine Danbury Ct. 6 3/4 inches tall round /Aqua/B.i.m

Bixby Bill

Reaction score
The Somers Antique Bottle Club has a CT bottle list, We`ve been working on it for as long as I can remember, and right now it takes 5 or 6 large loose leaf binders to keep it. Every year I always manage to find a couple to add to it. The only requirement is that it has to be embossed CT, Conn., Connecticut, or some variation of it. This includes milks too. Unfortunately it isn`t readily available, I think that will be something to work on, getting it all downloaded onto a disk. We have a standard form we use for each bottle, which makes it easy to use. Here`s a copy of it, my scanner trimmed a little off the top and bottom, but you get the idea.

1D8C9097DB2C4EF18653C93752EE0D5D.jpg

Attachments

• 1D8C9097DB2C4EF18653C93752EE0D5D.jpg
    1D8C9097DB2C4EF18653C93752EE0D5D.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 66

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
amandaward