Hassinger & Petterson bottle with errors

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Lalorenz

Reaction score
I found a Hassinger & Petterson bottle that has the N in Hassinger backwards. I need information if that makes the bottle worth more. Also need help with value since I am getting mixed reviews. Bottle does have a small chip on the rim. Do I have a treasure? Any help is greatly appreciated!!!

Attachments

• IMG_3129.jpeg
    IMG_3129.jpeg
    293.7 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_3128.jpeg
    IMG_3128.jpeg
    317.3 KB · Views: 61
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    267.9 KB · Views: 58
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    257.8 KB · Views: 66
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    309 KB · Views: 62
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    341.6 KB · Views: 69

nhpharm

Reaction score
Its a neat bottle but I don't think these have a ton of value. I've seen a heap of these over the years with both the backwards N and no backwards N and I think they are just about equal in availability. If I were to throw a dart at the value I'd say around $100 (and you might have it for a while at that with the chip) unless the market for them has changed.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Odd, looks like it has 2 flat panels on back but no other panels? Also looked like it could of had an iron pontil at one time that wore off. It definitely would look much nicer with a good Tumble cleaning. No clue on value, but I know a few others from St. Louis like Grone ect., ect., seem common, don't know about this one? LEON.

hemihampton

Reaction score
Maybe put in on ebay for $9.99 opening bid & see how high it goes? Leon.

nhpharm

Reaction score
Dozens of these with the backwards N have sold over the years on eBay. If you plan to sell it and don't know what it is worth, a well structured auction on eBay will realize it's value. It sounds to me like you may be disappointed with what it pulls unfortunately. The market for many St. Louis sodas is soft because a lot of them have been dug (and continue to be dug) and supply has exceeded demand.

saratogadriver

Reaction score
It's odd that the mold errors don't seem to do much for value. Occasionally a collector who is doing a run might pay a little more for a mold error but that's about it.

Jim G

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen