construction unearths new dump.

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

VTdigger

Reaction score
Friday I went to check out a spot a few years ago where I found some broken glass, lots of Cobalts but it looked long picked out. It was one small patch in the woods,maybe 20 feet wide at the most, and it was by a trailor park and wooded area where lots of people go. I looked for signs of more glass but couldn't find any back than, So I forgot about it. Friday, work got out early, They recently did lots of construction on a floodwall for the Roaring Branch river, the spot had drasticly changed, most of the trees and bush where gone and new parts of the dump were exposed. One mound of dirt unearthed a 1890's Chas Gulden; mould blown,applied rim base 3 inches in diameter. top 2 inches diameter, height 3 3/4 inches.
and a 1890's Gordons dry gin bottle (London England). all the bottles here looked at least 1890's possibly older. As I left I did find the original spot that led me to recheck this area, it was so close by it must have really been buried.

I can't wait to go down with the right tools as I used a stick this time, I never bother to bring a shovel when scouting for places,easyer to navigate through the bush,if I don't really know where I'm heading, but if I find something I'll find something to dig with.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cdtivey