Cool bottle I've been after for awhile....

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I believe that is Frederick Humphreys of the HUMPHREYS' HOMEOPATHIC MEDICAL CO. NEW YORK. There are several versions of that product , yours looks like one of the earlier ones. You might notice a similarity with POND'S EXTRACT bottles. There was a relationship between the two men and Humphreys supposedly got the rights to produce ponds.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frederick_Humphreys

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
Everyone, Thank you for the nice comments. Cindy,...Thats cool that you seem to get to travel alot...I hope you have a great trip, and hey,...you never really know where you might happen onto bottles....Anyhow, Gunth/Matt...That's a very cool point you made about the ponds resemblence....and the connection between the two men. I also have a couple of the Humphrey's homeopathic vet samples with the horse embossed on them....I guess they made them up into the 30's w/ a screw top, but mine are clear bim w/ tooled lip...Thanks again guys (and girls). Joe[:)]

GuntherHess

Reaction score
I would assume a 9" bottle of witch hazel was intended as a vet size for live stock.
The old "one for a man two for a horse..." patent medicine saying really should have been more like "one for a man, ten for a horse..." (for anyone that knows how much horse eat). Humphreys was probably best known for his vet medicines.

JOETHECROW

Reaction score
Northwestern Pa. (Near scenic Lake Perfidy)
If any of you folks have any of the other large known to be vet. bottles, I might be interested,...I've always had a liking for them and have a few others, (Kitchell's linament, etc...), also I like botanical themed meds, ie. smart weed, boneset, etc...those type of things....Thank you all. Joe

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jiharris