Copper Eagle

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
Here is a odd artifact I dug from a local farm dump last summer. This 2" X 3" copper eagle has Mark 2 below it in roman numerals.... Anyone have a clue what it might have to do with?? Taz

Xv64763.jpg

Maine Digger

Reaction score
I'm thinking it's the trademark for a piece of equipment, mower etc. It is a very interesting design, almost Aztec...

Danoh

Reaction score
It could have something to do with a car. There is a car named the Lincoln Mark II and the thing you have there could be the emblem which was attached with screws and/or rivets to the car hood?

Research that area and you can at least rule out that. The only other thing you can check is Germany.

-Dan

drjhostetters

Reaction score
Hey Taz...

What are the dimensions? Could you post another pic with something common for size comparison?

Whatever it is..it's interesting..maybe a door knocker plate for Somebody named Mark the II? [&:]

Keep on knockin'...

The Doc...[X(]

tazmainiendigger

Reaction score
2" X 3" X 2mm (dime like) If this thing had a swastika with it it would have a eerie resemblance to a war item.... The dump age is approx 1930 and back, I say this because of the 1929 pony cap pistol I found there. Thanks for the clues so far! tAZ

Ec88291.jpg

Attachments

• Ec88291.jpg
    Ec88291.jpg
    44.6 KB · Views: 99

Ye Olde Prospector

Reaction score
Hi Taz,
Very interesting item. Back in the roaring twenties tap dancing was a popular pastime. I believe each shoe had two taps,one on toe and heal. Could this have been a shoe tap. I know they were fastened to shoe soles with screws. Just a thought. Interesting find in any case.
Cliff

diginit

Reaction score
I wonder what happened to the tractor it came off of. Looks a like the nose emblem from
an old tractor. The kind with the 5' wheels in the rear and the tiny ones in front. It was placed above the front grill.
I like the mercury dime myself.

Ig13715.jpg

Attachments

• Ig13715.jpg
    Ig13715.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 92

Latest posts

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members