Souvenir porcelain teacup - Custom House & Post Office, Bathurst, NB

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

Sitcoms

Reaction score
Was visiting the pair of dumps I've gone to all summer, and was in the older section - mainly 1920s and 1930s trash that was dumped over a no longer extant bridge into the river below; changes in its height and depth have placed a ton of the items in the walls of the current riverbanks and some very sticky mud.

Just as I was getting ready to pack up for the day I decided to take a few very deep rake-fulls of mud with my hand over the end of the rake to feel for any objects. On my first scrape I felt the edge of this small cup, and was amazed when I pulled it up!

Possibly my find of the year so far; I assume it's at least 1920s-1930s, but others seem to think it may have been a late throwaway from closer to the turn of the century. There's no makers marks on it, and I have been unable to find anything on when this cup might have been made. Still some of the most interesting and outstanding graphical pieces that I've found. It reads "Custom House and Post Office, Bathurst, NB", with a picture of the building. I do have a ton more from that day (mostly 1950s and 60s ACL sodas) but I'll post those in another thread.

(basic cleaning did not do much to clear the black marks - may try some acid on the non-image side to see how it reacts).

image0 (2).jpeg
image1 (3).jpeg
image2 (3).jpeg

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lichen