Cougar going thru Wisconsin and on to Michigan

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

ironmountain

Reaction score
we have them all over up here. I know a woman who lives semi in the country. She has two german shepherds. They were out one moring doing their duty and she heard them just going nuts. Went outside, saw a cougar/Mountain Lion etc..at the end of her driveway. The DNR up here has been very "hesitant" to believe publicly that they are up here. They are. Nothing more blood curdling than walking back from hunting and hearing that scream...sounds like someone crying bloody murder.

Bottles r LEET

Reaction score
The state of NH claims that there are no mountain lions in NH. However, the funny thing is that they are illegal to shoot in NH![sm=lol.gif]

Jim

Reaction score
We have them here, too. The PA Game Commission will say otherwise, but I know several very credible people who have seen them. There was one killed on a highway in Connecticut a while ago. The officials said it was one who had migrated from out west, as there are no native cougars in Connecticut. So, Mr. Mountain Lion decided to get away from the Rockies and vacation in New England? How did they know he was from out west, did he have ID in his wallet [:D]

I think it would be cool to see one, just not by myself in the middle of the woods at night. ~Jim

nydigger

Reaction score
Hey Jim I think it was tagged and thats how they knew. They said it came from the Dakotas....makes you wonder how many more have traveled that far and set up shop in the Adirondacks and surrounding areas, But they have been declared non-existant here in NY, even with many sightings and such. I think they said it was full grown and about 140lbs

ironmountain

Reaction score
That's funny LEET...."you can't shoot figment of the imagination cougars in NH".

We've had a few sightings in town and have had people get a couple of pics. The DNR actually confirmed them as being real sightings. Normally they just pass it off, but with photo proof, not much they can do.

You can tell wolves are back also. I had never seen one in the woods up here until 3yrs ago. Father in law and I were hunting property next to the family farm. The land is pretty flat until you hit the abandoned house. It sits on 200' tall very steep hill and the only way to get down is next to the house. An old wagon road for hauling the apples from the 3 generation old apple orchard at the bottom of the hill is the only way to get up/down. He and I were probably 100-200yds apart walking parallel and I hear him on the radio to keep my head up, he just saw wolves running. I thought he was messing with me, until I saw this huge white looking dog and friends busting through the woods between us... So now we get to hear coyotes, wolves and mtn lions at night.

quick tangent: i was hunting down there one day with brother in law and i stepped through a thick grove of bushes and wondered why i was suddenly standing on the beach at lake superior....I've never seen that before!

Dugout

Reaction score
We have had 2 incidences where we ("we" meaning our various neighbors) have caught the Game Fish & Parks transplanting mountain lions from the Black Hills to the prairie. For some reason they like to drug the animal and haul them out here and turn them out in Cedar Canyon. And the Game Fish & Parks will sit back & watch until the cat comes out of his drugged state and wanders off. If you stop and look at this cat in the ditch the Game Fish & Parks guy comes over & tells you to leave it alone & be on your way. So they are all over out here. They have told my husband that there are no breeding females on the prairie. And he said "So if I shoot a female I won't get into trouble!" That didn't go over so well.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrokenGlassNDrivewayRocks