Could someone look at these bottles for me before I buy?

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

AntiqueMeds

Reaction score
There are a number of known good bottle sellers on ebay. Once you figure out who they are you can buy from them and at least know the items are described.
You can also buy from the big glass auction companies such as Glass Works, Hecklers, etc.. They typically have better stuff than ebay.

If you don't know what you are buying and you buy from unknown sellers you are setting yourself up for disappointment.

RED Matthews

Reaction score
So inssane99ss = I think you can get some value our of reading in my homepage. After that, I have some write-up info for new collectors. Everyone has a different goal for the glass they collect. I started with the fascination of big chunks of glass I saw in a rock garden - chunks from Corning Glass trash. From there I had a neighbor give me a pint of milk to drink and told me I could keep the bottle - I still have it. '
A couple years later I brought home some glass insulators from along the railroad tracks. After that my grandfather took me to Thatcher Glass to show me how the milk bottle was made. Many years later I went to work at that same factory as an engineer management employee.

I have examples of glass form Canes - to glass garden bells to cover and protect planted plants - you can collect what you enjoy. RED Matthews

saratogadriver

Reaction score
I would suggest generally that you beware of paying high $ for the stuff with heroin, cannibis or cocaine on the label, at least right now. First, those bottles seem to be a very hot item right now on ebay, with prices going way high just based on those things named in the contents. They may remain that way, OR the bottom may fall out of that market, and they may go back to being the $10 bottles that most of them are. The second reason is that, because they are going very high right now, there are a fair number of questionable labels out there, that appear to have been slapped on bottles recently, to take advantage of this current craze.

Just my two pennies worth.

Jim G

sandchip

Reaction score
And for what it's worth, one $100.00 bottle is better than ten $10.00 bottles...

inssane99ss

Reaction score
LOL
Look at what that cannabis listing I mentioned above went for.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Antique-Lilly-Cannabis-Bottle-/321218807416?_trksid=p2047675.l2557&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&nma=true&si=FT6NvCVIYq2HlV1OY6YgS9w6lus%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc

I wouldn't have paid close to that much to begin with!

I did grab my first bottles though, will be putting pics up sometime in another thread :)
This is sickly addicting.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
angieb1229