Couple of Locals

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

timmy

Reaction score
Couple of Locals from my hometown.

DDDA60C60A6047F9BB49230C27F557B4.jpg

Attachments

• DDDA60C60A6047F9BB49230C27F557B4.jpg
    DDDA60C60A6047F9BB49230C27F557B4.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 63

epackage

Reaction score
Nice additions, it's always great to get locals...[;)]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8UeWB9IwxWI

Plumbata

Reaction score
Great finds Timmy! For such a small town it is awesome that you managed to find any locals at all! Great going! Any other Davis, WV items in your collection?

Do you have a dump you can find locals in? Any SS cokes from there?

Also, regarding hutch stoppers, yeah you sure should go collect them up if there are a good number to be had.

timmy

Reaction score
The dumps here are all scatter,surface dumps. No ravines or big river banks. I have found a few shards of some SS cokes but none intact yet. Most of my finds are smalls and I do really well in the spring frost heave. There were several diggers here back in the day so I'm finding the stuff they missed! Several local crown top sodas seem to have endured the climate here as well as the inks and other small stuff!

timmy

Reaction score
I do have several more local pharms in different sizes and embossings. There were two in Davis,WV. F.S. Johnston and H.M. Clarke. Those three are the best ones. Thanks for the comments. Tim

cobaltbot

Reaction score
Nice locals! I have fond memories of trips to Canaan Valley State Park and stops in Davis and Thomas. Daughter #1 was probably conceived there (TMI)! and once my wife and I were hiking up the mountain and the hair on my neck started standing up (FOS), I started noticing several overturned rocks and we hightailed it back down the hill. The deer are also too tame there!

timmy

Reaction score
That's way cool cobaltbot! My family dates back to the 1890's in Davis. My Grammy had the old Worden's Hotel in Davis. Worden is my last name. And my Grandpa had an old Coffman-Fischer store across from the hotel. Both are long gone now. They just put up new apartments on my Grandpa's old property and as they were digging and putting in the foundations they churned up a bunch of old glass. So far I've found three intact bottles there. Common stuff. A Pitchers castoria, an aqua Heinz embossed on the sides(maybe horseradish or so) and one of the TOC inks I posted earlier. Thanks for letting me know this!

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jimk26