Couple of Virginia Bottles

Welcome to our Antique Bottle community

Be a part of something great, join today!

texasdigger

Reaction score
Anybody have any information on these two bottles? Rarity or value? Both are Virginia bottles, and half gallon size. Left embossed "Augusta white lithia water Dr. T.t. fauntleroy mgr. Business office 15 e. Main st. Staunton, VA." The other is "Allegheny water the greatest dyspesia water ever discovered".

Thanks

Brad

97C3F3EA9A6744E887F4CE1955CA6A19.jpg

Attachments

• 97C3F3EA9A6744E887F4CE1955CA6A19.jpg
    97C3F3EA9A6744E887F4CE1955CA6A19.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 54

FitSandTic

Reaction score
Hey Brad, I do not know much on the history of the two springs, but I am familiar with the two bottles as far as value. The Augusta is the easier to acquire of the two and usually can be purchased for $75 to $125 at shows. The Alleghany is tougher to find and VA collectors do not let them go for usually under $325. Last Alleghany I saw that cheap had condition issues. I have one in my little VA spring water collection but mine has some local pharmacy labels on it from where a doctor prescribed the water to some one who had medical issues. One thing people always overlook on that bottle is on the reverse there is directions on how to get the full benefits of the healing waters. Hold the bottle up to the light and you should be able to read the directions. Look close they are really faint. Sorry I do not have much history for you but if you google them you should find all kinds of info on the springs. I hope this helps and if you have any questions just let me know.

texasdigger

Reaction score
Thanks a bunch for your help. I really appreciate it. If you ever know of anyone that is looking for an undamaged, and clean example let me know. I am selling both of them.

Thanks,

Brad

texasdigger

Reaction score
The embossing is on the rear of my example, but it is peened out. My example is also very crude.

Members online

Latest threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmajeau